Closed Thread
Page 122 of 155 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1544
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    Was supposed to go to dinner with family tonight, but my brother has suspected parvovirus which can cause complications in unborn bubs if mum gets it. So I've had to make a jumbled reason as to why I can't make it as the whole fam doesn't know yet!
    Ohhh I didn't know that! My sister had parvovirus a few months back and I was around her but bubs is fine and her GP told her it was perfectly safe to be around me. Maybe it's a problem earlier in the pregnancy?

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimeMummy2012 View Post
    Ohhh I didn't know that! My sister had parvovirus a few months back and I was around her but bubs is fine and her GP told her it was perfectly safe to be around me. Maybe it's a problem earlier in the pregnancy?
    I think it's riskier in the first trimester. The risk is pretty slight, but not worth it especially at 7 weeks when bub is growing all it's important bits!!!

Most adults are immune to it anyway, and I most likely am, but I figured I'd take the path of least regret

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LilPetal View Post

Anyone else expecting bub #2 getting nervous about coping? Maybe Nila has some advice for me. Last pregnancy all I worried about was the birth but this time all I worry about is dealing with a newborn while raising a toddler.
    Yes I am a little concerned about the toddler but my main reason is because she is currently in full time day care and will be going to 1 day a week, I have a feeling she will get bored and turn into a devil lol!
    I also think about how much spare time will I have to fit in cleaning and cooking along with keeping dd entertained and fending to the baby!!!
    I think it's also quite normal

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SageS View Post
    Hi all.

Wow you are a chatty bunch.

Question anyone know about raspberry leaf tea/tablets when to start etc? I think I would like to do it and have a feeling maybe bond or dream mentioned it. But it could be any of you.

Tbh I am surprised we haven't been given a new one yet!

Hope ur all well!
    I was mentioning it earlier this week... I was reading on my app to start drinking it from 32 weeks 3 times a day for tea, unsure in the tablets but u have to buy them from a chemist so I would ask there! I don't mind the tea with a tsp of sugar!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Afm - had my midwife app and everything normal still, hb 140, blood pressure normal 100/60(maybe?) still engaged 3/5th, baby still in same position as two weeks ago and measuring spot on 34 weeks. So yep nothing much to report lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocciequeen View Post
    I was mentioning it earlier this week... I was reading on my app to start drinking it from 32 weeks 3 times a day for tea, unsure in the tablets but u have to buy them from a chemist so I would ask there! I don't mind the tea with a tsp of sugar!
    Thanks choccie awesome! I am reading some confusing info about it and blood pressure so might just have a cup now and again till i know what my bp is doing. Glad you are nice and boring at ur appointment. I hope my next one is like that. 😉

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi ladies!

Sorry I've been so quiet. As you may have guessed things have been a little hectic.
    I am of course entirely exhausted. Bub is doing great and I'm recovering slowly. For some reason this caesar has taken a lot more out of me. All I can say is thank goodness for DH taking care of pretty much everything so that I can rest.

The only true hiccup so far has been the baby blues kicking in. It started on day three, was gone by day four and then came back again yesterday. It really floored me because I never had that problem with DS1 and it was ready unexpected. So please ladies read up on it in advance so that you know what's going on if it hits you!

I'm doing ok though, just a little fragile I think. The slower recovery has had an impact b but because I know what's going in I'm doing ok .
    Hello to everyone! Hopefully i'll be able to catch up soon lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SageS View Post
    Thanks choccie awesome! I am reading some confusing info about it and blood pressure so might just have a cup now and again till i know what my bp is doing. Glad you are nice and boring at ur appointment. I hope my next one is like that. 😉
    There is really no point drinking it every now and again as it takes a long time to build up in ur system that's why they suggest starting at 32w, there are a few warnings about it as well so maybe check with midwife first?
    Here is some of the info from the app
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1365155035.806497.jpg
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1365155057.344031.jpgImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1365155073.946262.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok thanks I will avoid it as my blood pressure was up At the last appointment. It's hard as Some sights tell you to drink it as it helps and some tell you to avoid it. Ill avoid till my next appointment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocciequeen View Post
    Yes I am a little concerned about the toddler but my main reason is because she is currently in full time day care and will be going to 1 day a week, I have a feeling she will get bored and turn into a devil lol!
    I also think about how much spare time will I have to fit in cleaning and cooking along with keeping dd entertained and fending to the baby!!!
    I think it's also quite normal
    Yep that's what I think about too getting the cooking and cleaning done. I guess we will work out a way somehow. I bought an Ergo the other day so hopefully this baby will let me wear it so I can get a few things done.