Closed Thread
Page 121 of 155 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1544
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimeMummy2012 View Post
    I had one HCG blood test and never had another one as I didn't want to stress about levels rising and what not. It was more just to confirm I was indeed pregnant.

Lil Smurfy, I have about 6-8 onesies in 0000 and then about 10-12 onesies in 000. That's for the hospital as I don't know if she'll need 0000's of will just go into 000's. After that size I have a whole lot of everything. I went all out crazy and got her heaps of Guess baby clothes from the US website as it's super cheap and then got myself a US address where everything gets sent to it and then gets forwarded to me. Even with shipping from the US to here I saved about $250 on my order than if I had bought it all here! Guess is way too expensive here! I bought a whole heap of winter stuff for 0-3 months and then some lighter clothing for 3-6 months and then a whole heap of sumemr gear from 6-9 months and then a whole heap of cute winter gear with 12 months sizing.
    Darn you FTM you are making we want a girl sooooo much!!!!

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Was supposed to go to dinner with family tonight, but my brother has suspected parvovirus which can cause complications in unborn bubs if mum gets it. So I've had to make a jumbled reason as to why I can't make it as the whole fam doesn't know yet!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You are all chatty today. Nursery looking good. Can't believe people shopping makes me feel so slack. Without baby showers I'd have barely anything for bub.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow I can't keep up with you lot! Been so manic at work I have hardly had time to get on here all week!

Choccie- re. sneezing. Yes it really hurts me too! Gives me pain down the side of my bump, so does blowing my nose.

Sage- I think I was talking about the Epi No. I have bought one just waiting for it to arrive. My midwife recommended it to help me go into labour naturally rather than induction this time and to help prevent tearing, there is some good research apparently. Also, I have been told to take raspberry leaf tea from 26 weeks 3 times a day. I will struggle with that one, due to my stomach issues! But will do my best!

Michelle Claire Bear- congrats and welcome! I had regular hcg levels taken but only as I had to go through a fertility centre on clomid this time around. for bub #1, naturally conceived first go, I had no tests except my own home urine ones!

Hi to everyone else, have a great weekend. We are doing our nursery! will post pics when it's done!

Oh and here is my nappy bag, bought from UK and sent over from my mum. Brand is Babymel. Love it! 41-R5n24GjL__AA160_.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    LOVE the nursery FTM!! OMG - she has so many clothes!!!

Dreamgirl - I LOVE that bag, very cool. One of the zips broke on the one I had with DD. Undecided if I will replace it or not. Most of the time I ended up just using an oversized handbag.

MCB - I had HCG done but only cos it was standard practice by the IVF clinic. Some drs are happy just to see a positive test then will write the referral.

Well the bleeding has stopped thank GOD. It seemed to be just one massive bleed then all gone. DD went to my dads for the day so Ive been laying low. Thank goodness Im off work for another 3 weeks (dont start again till next term starts) so I can take it easy - well, as easy as I can with a 3 year old running around!!!

Ive bought just a couple of little onesies (I LOVE onesies!) but I dont need anything pink as I still have everything from DD. Im finding theres not much unisex stuff around at the moment GRRR but thats ok, it will stop me buying too much. We are still unsure if we will find out the sex (we didnt with DD). Would LOVE to know what colour to buy but at the same time we already have everything pink, so if its blue it will give me an excuse to go on a shopping spree once bubs is born

6. The Following User Says Thank You to waitinghoping For This Useful Post:

dream girl  (05-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My boss has finally (with my med cert) rostered all my remaining shifts where I can sit down more. Complained that me finishing 2 weeks earlier would mess up the roster. Then at the end of the meeting told me to make sure I bring bub in once its born so he can meet bub. Weird meeting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pfft to him I say Toni!! Great to hear he has made allowances for you (and so he should have!!). Some employers are so horrible. My old employer demoted me because she found out I was having IVF, was so stressful and a terrible experience. Dont know how they get away with it really.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by waitinghoping View Post
    Pfft to him I say Toni!! Great to hear he has made allowances for you (and so he should have!!). Some employers are so horrible. My old employer demoted me because she found out I was having IVF, was so stressful and a terrible experience. Dont know how they get away with it really.
    That's terrible, what a horrible woman your old employer must be.
    I don't think my boss was quite prepared for the fact that I rang HR and then spoke to the workforce institute coordinator. I am no idiot and always look up what my rights are.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LilPetal View Post
    Ok on my phone waiting for my ob app so below is my attempt of catching up (I know I missed people as its so hard on my phone sorry!)

Welcome MCB!

Congrats rainbow on the scan

Loving the bump pics might post one later on...I feel like mine is giant

Love the nursery Dreamgirl! Any chance we can see photos of yours FTM? It sounds beautiful!

AFM- sitting here in ob waiting room and bub is going crazy with the kicks. My belly was moving heaps just before and the lady next to me was just staring at it...lol feel like a bit of a freak. I can't believe I am already 28 weeks! Still 4 weeks till we move house. I have bought pretty much everything we need for the baby, just need to buy a 2nd cot mattress but will wait till we move to do that. I will need more baby clothes too if bub is a boy. I have washed and packed all DD baby clothes and bought a few neutral outfits but planning on getting DH to buy some boy clothes if we have a blue bundle or will order online while in hospital I really think bub is a girl though so probably won't be a problem.

Anyone else expecting bub #2 getting nervous about coping? Maybe Nila has some advice for me. Last pregnancy all I worried about was the birth but this time all I worry about is dealing with a newborn while raising a toddler.
    I must admit having a toddler and a newborn was very hard in the beginning neither of my boys slept through and ds2 was always up at 2am but after that first 3 months passed was much easier my ds1 was sleeping better and so was ds2 and now that they are 4 and 2 1/2 it's beautiful seeing them play! The only real thing I can trick I can say is if you get to overwhelmed make sure you take some time to yourself, I ended up needing to put ds1 into Childcare cause I just needed that one day to just focus on number 2...I also must state I got post natal depression as well so I needed a lot of help from my mom (she is a blessing, I seriously cannot thank my mother enough)
    What's the age gap?

Waiting I am glad the baby is going good I seriously think the babies like to tease us from day of conception, they are always scaring us!!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Nila For This Useful Post:

LilPetal  (05-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniS View Post
    You are all chatty today. Nursery looking good. Can't believe people shopping makes me feel so slack. Without baby showers I'd have barely anything for bub.
    Haha don't feel bad I haven't gotten anything organized either even though my ob told me to have everything organized by week 30 I am now 25 so whoops I do have the cribs but my list just gets bigger and I don't really have the energy to go buy anything I really should pull my finger out lol!!