Closed Thread
Page 120 of 155 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1544
    rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Not really.

I only had the one bt, because I had to.

They didn't send me for more because reality is, monitoring hcg won't save a pregnancy that's going to end.

Scans are much more reliable for dating purposes than hcg tests.

I think if you've a history of miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy, or a lot of IVF clinics opt to do it, your levels are monitored more routinely than in a healthy spontaneous pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I never had a blood test to determine hcg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Lil smurfy I think gro suits are important and singlets that do up underneath. It used to really annoy me with my friends kids constantly pulling their singlet down. I am a fan of nighties so have a couple or the pure baby ones where you can access bubs legs at the bottom! But then again I've never had a baby! Remember you will be given heaps.

Mcb! Sorry knicknamed u already 😉 I have no idea about hcg but know its really individual and what my levels are will be different to the next person and the next! J is the expert in this area. So she may know more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't have a blood test either. Dr said my test was enough!
    I have a midwife appointment at the hospital tomorrow. I think my ob said its to go over medical history.. No idea but I'm excited I love appointments that are bub related!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks Rainbow, I thought it was the case because I think I will just stress myself out by monitoring all my levels.

Very true guess it won't save your baby in the end... might take the surprise out a little bit I guess but would still hurt a lot.

I will see if my GP wants to do it but if she says not to bother I will be fine with that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    And I love the vanchi dr MCB watch it on babynappybags . Com . Au it might go on sale!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lil Smurfy, In regards to baby clothes singlet suits and grow suits are a must as singlets riding up annoy the heck out of me! I like onesies the best, with short sleeves, cap sleeves and long sleeves.

I bought a handful of 0000, 000 and 00 sizes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FelH View Post
    And I love the vanchi dr MCB watch it on babynappybags . Com . Au it might go on sale!
    oh awesome, thank you! I have quite a while so hopefully it comes up on sale in the next 8 months

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for answering my question re HCG levels.

I hear a lot of people on here talk about them so I thought maybe it is just standard... but I am more than happy just to wait for my first scan!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had one HCG blood test and never had another one as I didn't want to stress about levels rising and what not. It was more just to confirm I was indeed pregnant.

Lil Smurfy, I have about 6-8 onesies in 0000 and then about 10-12 onesies in 000. That's for the hospital as I don't know if she'll need 0000's of will just go into 000's. After that size I have a whole lot of everything. I went all out crazy and got her heaps of Guess baby clothes from the US website as it's super cheap and then got myself a US address where everything gets sent to it and then gets forwarded to me. Even with shipping from the US to here I saved about $250 on my order than if I had bought it all here! Guess is way too expensive here! I bought a whole heap of winter stuff for 0-3 months and then some lighter clothing for 3-6 months and then a whole heap of sumemr gear from 6-9 months and then a whole heap of cute winter gear with 12 months sizing.