Closed Thread
Page 1 of 155 1231151101 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Graduates of TTC and not wanting to move #3

Quote Originally Posted by MyLittleStar View Post
    Thanks everyone! How funny rainbow that your nephew is max also born at 32 weeks!

Max is stable and doing well, still in intensive care. No changes really, which I think is a good thing. Makes me cry seeing those tubes around him tho. Must be so uncomfortable. I'm sorry he couldn't stay in longer the poor little thing.

Just started expressing to start giving him milk, well colostrum at this stage. I really hope breastfeeding works out for us. Esp because he's premmie and I think he'll really need it.

Physically I'm feeling pretty good, apart from the stitches (ouch). And sore muscles from pushing, esp the back of my neck. Anyway, all normal stuff!

Yes girls, good to get organized early. I'm sure you'll all go to term, but my story goes to show you just never know!

Hope all of you are travelling well with your babies. Who is next, Eko? Then who?
    I've been thinking about J too, it doesn't seem like her at all.
    So glad you're both doing well
    I think after Eko it may be me ... eekkkk!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Could be me! I'm due before you but that doesn't mean much hehe.

Can't believe its only 13.5 weeks give or take until I meet our little one. Starting to get a bit real!

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    SageS - I think if I had to unexpectedly go on maternity leave early, my work would just sign me off on sick leave because I'm due to go on maternity leave at the end of the week *chuckle*. My only suggestiong would be to get as much out of the way as you can but leave some sort of instructions in case you have to leave early. It won't be perfect but at least people will have some idea rather than none at all if you can leave some kind of instruction.

MissFaery - Your 12 week scan isn't far off now It seems that those first few weeks both drag and speed past. I remember looking at my calander and thinking "Wow, I have SO long to go to my 12 week scan!" and then bam, there it was.

MyLittleStar - It sounds like you're coping well with the suprise entry of Max! I've been told neck pain is pretty common, can't really suggest anything for that apart from lots of massages *chuckle*. Would love to see some pictures of your little man when you get the chance. Gentle nudge? Lol. I think I'm next due but no doubt there'll be someone that has an early arrival in between now and then. I just hope it's not me! Lol. Of course we all want our bubs to be born when they're ready for their best chances so I'm hoping bub is just as comfortable as DS was. He was 2 weeks overbaked lol.

LilPetal - Selling your house must be scary. We realised we were going to have to find a new home when I was pregnant with DS (probably at about the same stage as you actually). Different story, we were renting. But we didn't find out we'd been approved for a house until the day after DS was born and it was SO stressful Do you have somewhere to stay for a bit if you can't find a house that you like in time?

MickeyMouse84 - 13.5 weeks is not long at all. It spins me out that so many people in this thread are getting so close to having their bubs

Hello to anyone I missed too!

AFM - Suddenly seeing my ticker saying "6 weeks..." has spun me out a little. And I guess hearing about little Max making his way into the world early has put the wind up me a bit *chuckle*.
    I went into the nursery last night to 'organise' (ie. go all nest-y lol) and found that there was nothing really that I could do! Everything is pretty much ready to go apart from putting my clothes in my suitcase and I can't really do that until I'm a bit closer as I need to be able to wear most of the clothes that I want to pack.
    So instead I'm sitting here twiddling my thumbs with only one week of work left to go before I'm on maternity leave.

I'm going to HAVE to find something to do when I'm on leave. I'm going to go insane sitting around waiting for the 28th of March!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Graduates of TTC and not wanting to move #2

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMouse84 View Post
    Could be me! I'm due before you but that doesn't mean much hehe.

Can't believe its only 13.5 weeks give or take until I meet our little one. Starting to get a bit real!
    I've got my c-section booked in for 16th May so 13 weeks and 4 days

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimeMummy2012 View Post
    I've got my c-section booked in for 16th May so 13 weeks and 4 days
    My due date is 15th so I am guessing there is a high chance you will be before me then

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Graduates of TTC and not wanting to move #2

Quote Originally Posted by SageS View Post

Does anyone else have a workplace where if they finished unexpectedly it could be a problem? I'm freaking out now as I have so much paperwork to do in the next 11 weeks for someone to be able to take over. Plus the rest of my job. Eeek.

Hope everyone is well x
    It depends when I would finish, before a certain point would be sick leave then closer to the time my mat leave would automatically start. I'm a social worker so have to hand over my caseload to others. Wouldn't be an issue if happened sooner, just not a nicely planned. but I've got some clients i can't wait to see the back of!

Quote Originally Posted by MissFaery View Post
    Big day for me today.....I bought my first maternity bras! They are hot milk and so comfy, plus still have a bit of room in them for my every increasing boobs (which I'm not complaining about).
    I'm looking forward to telling everyone that I'm utd. We have told our close friends and family. But I'm starting to show (already) so I think work ppl might be guessing.

Just wondering what must have item for bubs arrival you think is absolutely necessary. Writing my list of all the things I need to buy :-)
    I feel like I'm missing out as my boobs never seem to grow at all during pregnancy only after when breast feeding! Damn!

This time I am buying a change table and a breast feeding pillow. Which I never had for DS but will make things much easier and more comfortable. Also some swaddle
    wraps so I don't have to struggle with sheets.

A sling/carrier and some type of self swinging chair are also great for getting jobs done and freeing up your hands! My son could hardly be put down for first few months!

Thanks everyone! How funny rainbow that your nephew is max also born at 32 weeks!

Max is stable and doing well, still in intensive care. No changes really, which I think is a good thing. Makes me cry seeing those tubes around him tho. Must be so uncomfortable. I'm sorry he couldn't stay in longer the poor little thing.

Just started expressing to start giving him milk, well colostrum at this stage. I really hope breastfeeding works out for us. Esp because he's premmie and I think he'll really need it.
    Glad Max is doing well and hope you manage to get the feeding established. As DS was 18 days late I am not expecting an early one this time but I guess like you, you never know, and it's great to hear he's doing so well. Hope they let him home sooner rather than later.

afm- feel like a zombie today as DS randomly woke up at 9.30 last night and refused to go back to sleep until gone midnight! I tried everything, in the end at 11.30 just gave up and had to let him cry which I've only done twice in his life. Hate it! But I had tried literally all the soft options to no avail. And he only slept an extra hour this morning to make up for it! Remind me why I'm having another? lol

Also keep trying to decide if what I'm feeling is wind or bub moving. 15 wks now and felt DS at 18 wks so could be possible!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

My due date is 15th so I am guessing there is a high chance you will be before me then
    How exciting !!

Thanks
    Reviews

My due date is the 16th!! But I will go in the week before for a stretch and sweep to help induce natural labour so I don't go over!

Thanks
    Reviews

Ok here is my little Max ....
    Attached Images

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MyLittleStar For This Useful Post:

Eko  (10-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews