+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    No I haven't, we are on the southside so hoping to deliver at mater. I just need to find a relatively priced ob that will consider delivering via VBAC

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rachel27 View Post
    Wow, really disappointing to hear that some of the midwives are not supportive. I had my firdt bub at Selangor Private (it has closed now) and the midwives were amazing. They would often sit with you for the whole time you breastfed p and offer advice.
    I had two babies at Selangor. It really was a very special place wasn't it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Recomend me an OB- Brisbane Mater Private

Quote Originally Posted by Alimia View Post
    No I haven't, we are on the southside so hoping to deliver at mater. I just need to find a relatively priced ob that will consider delivering via VBAC
    Don't want to seem like I'm pushing it but really consider greenslopes. Heaps of amazing obs that are pro natural, and it's nice and new

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by biscotti View Post
    I had two babies at Selangor. It really was a very special place wasn't it
    So, so special Biscotti!!!! Very sad we can't have our second bub there. So many women will be missing out on an awesome birth experience.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rachel27 For This Useful Post:

Mod-biscotti  (12-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Alimia View Post
    Probably your best bet is the Arrivals team. Why don't you book in with them and meet a few obs? I would also book into Greenslopes for a meet and greet, I think you will find the smaller hospital better for what you are after, Mater is a large hospital and from what I have heard the one on one attention is really lacking, especially for people who have previously had children. You can then make your decision before you pay your fees at 20 weeks. Like a previous post said that she got a bad feeling doing a tour at Wesley, you will get a feeling of which hospital you prefer just by doing a tour - if you aren't comfortable that should ring alarm bells. Best of luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So can I just make multiple appts with arrivals and go from there?? Or should I ring and get quotes??? My hubby works at the mater so I'm pretty ccomfortable with the hospital, just don't know many good private ob's.

Thanks
    Reviews

You can make multiple appointments with different doctors, afterall it is a big decision.
    A lot of OB have price structures on their websites too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I'm not sure if you can make multiple appt with all the obs at the arrivals group. But it's definitely worth asking. The way it works there is that you can choose to see the same ob throughout your pregnancy but they share being over at the hospital. So that appointments don't run late and you know you will get one of the obs on your delivery day. And they are very attentive. After my bub was born at the mater I had daily checks with obs from arrivals. I met all of them and cannot talk highly enough of them. In labour my ob was very attentive constantly checking and he was very pro my choice for natural birth. Though it didn't end that way. I had dr Bretz and I was very comfortable with him.
    I would call them and ask your questions. The girls at the desk are very friendly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    just been reading through these posts - most of the good obs at the Mater have high management fees so finding it hard to decide who to choose - had a bad experience with my first dd with a male ob in a different state so really want a female ob at the birth this time - looked up the mater list of obs and have booked in with Dr Charlotte Mooring - seems really nice as I was having a couple of probs that she talked to me about and is happy for me to try VBAC if all seems ok at consult. Going to see her next week - but any feedback?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dr sile de bhal (pronounced Sheila)

Preg management fee was $2000 in 2010 when I used her but had around $500 back from Medicare