+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default rewards and toilet training

i h been toilet training for about a month. i was wondering if anyone uses a reward w your child does something in the toilet. he is 28 months. what i am thinking of doing is tell ds that when he does a wee or poo on the toilet i would give him a smarty. if he doesn't, then i wont do anything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

We did a 'lolly' (usually a piece of cooking chocolate as it was all I had in the house!). It worked well.

Once he had it all under control I told him he was a big boy now and didn't need a lolly. He left it at that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I'm am doing exactly this! She gets a smartie for wee or poo and its worked really well. I think when she is TT and no more accidents il do a reward chart and she has to get how ever
    Many stickers for wee or poo to get a chocolate and ween her off it that way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    how long does it take? i plan

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DD didn't get anything for wees apart from underpants she could pick herself. Pooping took a lot longer and resulted in a smartie and a snake for the first few times but I've dropped the snake and its now just a smartie, she hasn't said anything yet which is surprising!

She's been toilet trained for wees for maybe 5 months and about a week for poops but still in night nappies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Mini m&m's are " toilet buttons" in our house, we would give out one for wees, and a few for poos. With DD2, we had issues with poos for a while, so we started giving freddos if she pood in the toilet. We phased it our by giving a "special treat" at the end of the day if she didn't have any accidents. And then we "forgot" to buy any special treats when she seemed fully trained.