+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Melanoma

My aunty had a few on her face, it was a shock as she always sun smart and was always on us about being smarter.
    Just to hang the washing out she had sun cream, hat long shirt ect.

She had 3 cut from her face, like PP said what looked like a small spot resulted in a huge scar.
    All she had to do was have them cut out.
    It really depends on how early they catch it and if its spread.
    I really hope your ex has caught it early and the worst is soon behind you all.

Sending lots of

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Liddybugs For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (10-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Melanoma

This has reminded me to get my skin checked. Thank you

4. The Following User Says Thank You to wantmore For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (10-02-2013)

MuminMind is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Helpful Member, Member I'd Most Like To Meet, Most Community Minded Thread, Best Potential Moderator and Newbie of the Year Awards
    BH Advocate - PND & AND
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much to everyone who has responded. My thoughts go out to all of those who knows someone who battle or battled the desease.

A special thank you to SugarSkull for bumping my thread. I love you.

We do not know what stage it is or if it has spread yet. All we can do is wait.

MuminMind is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Helpful Member, Member I'd Most Like To Meet, Most Community Minded Thread, Best Potential Moderator and Newbie of the Year Awards
    BH Advocate - PND & AND
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Shameless bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    my FIL has had some on his bald head, quite a few actually, and had them all cut out. he was ok. another cousin had a large one cut out of his nose and he's ok too.

wishing him positive luck that it's all going to be ok.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (12-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Melanoma

My dad had a mole cut out of his back at 30, which turned out to be melanoma. About 17 years later he found a lump under his arm and it turned out to be secondary cancer in his lymph system caused by the melanoma, and he was given a year to live. He ends up living longer than this, but is sadly no longer with us.

Chemotherapy and some other therapies which work on other cancers aren't effective against most melanoma. Aggressive removal of the surrounding area where the mole was removed is sometimes the best bet.

Best of luck xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi MIM, just wondering how everything is going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I am still praying for you both. I hope everything turned out ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dad had one on his back, he has also had many skin cancers removed. The melonoma they took it, plus about 15 cm the whole way around. They also removed all his lymph nodes as a precaution. This was avout 5 years ago and hes fine now. He was told not long after that he had secondary lung cancer and only had 2 years to live, luckily they had made a mistake and it looks like he just has scarring on his lungs.

I also have two aunties that have had them, one unfortunately it was never picked up and she passed away from secondary brain cancer. My other aunty had one in her eye, she had her eye removed and got a glass eye, and is all clear now

Unfortunately it seems to depend on when it is caught and luck of the drawer. Probably a stupid question, but dic the doc check his entire body for more?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I am sorry to hear about your ex Muminmind and I sincerely hope he will have a good prognosis , sometimes it sucks to be in the skin cancer capital of the world !

My brother had a melanoma on his neck as a child (people don't think that kids get them as much as they do) and even though it was highly visible no one realised it was a melanoma and thank goodness an eagle eyed Doctor did whilst he was there for an epilepsy check! He was operated on straight away and thankfully they managed to remove it all and it hadn't spread.

I implore everybody who suspects or worries they have a dodgy looking 'anything' to get it checked out. I am covered in moles and have had many cut out or frozen off and I always dread skin checks for fear of them telling me bad news, but it is better to be safe then sorry as they say.