+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rutabaga is offline Getting it together, one day at a time.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm in the wrong section as all my family are fully vaccinated, but you've made me feel like a bad animal owner . The dogs are fully vaxed, as are the horses, but the poor cows have to make do with just being drenched!! They are the second class citizens of our property poor dears.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: *Spin off* Do you vaccinate your pets/cattle?

Yes all my pets are vaccinated even my parrot has worming treatments ect. They are like my children and anything to prevent then from getting sick I will do. If you dont vaccinate and desex pets its irresponsible. Thats just my opinion.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I think very few people are getting the point of this thread.

Its asking non-vaxxers if they vaccinate their pets...and if so, why they do that but dont do their kids.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (10-02-2013),dancingchipmunk  (09-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default *Spin off* Do you vaccinate your pets/cattle?

Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    I think very few people are getting the point of this thread.

Its asking non-vaxxers if they vaccinate their pets...and if so, why they do that but dont do their kids.
    *lightbulb moment* ohhhhh, well in that case I feel the same about my baby as I do about my furry babies, not entirely comfortable with the amount of vaccinations they require, but love them too much to not do it

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't have dogs at the moment, but when I did I only vaxed them when they had to go to kennels, because I had to produce evidence.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No we don't vaccinate our pets. I actually find it the biggest load of money making tripe. To vaccinate say, a cat that is indoors every day of its life (and many are - including mine).
    I don't vaccinate cattle or sheep but I do drench (worm) them because I'm too lazy to manage my property organically. For now. I don't vaccinate or drench or chemically treat in anyway any animal that will be eaten or their milk used.
    All cattle commercially slaughtered for food in this country is vaccinated, to my knowledge.
    (ok, LOL at the cattle thing but it does actually apply here )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our pets at vaxxed and our kids are not. We have 3 outdoor cats, 1 dog and 4 hens. They are vaxxed because they wander around the 'world' and can pick up anything from anywhere. Meaning, rubbish, other animal faeces, fights, even just in the dirt. Last time i checked my kids didnt roame the streets at night getting in to old rubbish piles, eating animal faeces and fighting (and drawing blood and spit) with other kids.

It comes back to hygiene standards. Our kids are cleaner than animals. If my kids were sleeping outside in poo then id probably vax them!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default *Spin off* Do you vaccinate your pets/cattle?

Quote Originally Posted by loislane2010 View Post
    Our pets at vaxxed and our kids are not. We have 3 outdoor cats, 1 dog and 4 hens. They are vaxxed because they wander around the 'world' and can pick up anything from anywhere. Meaning, rubbish, other animal faeces, fights, even just in the dirt. Last time i checked my kids didnt roame the streets at night getting in to old rubbish piles, eating animal faeces and fighting (and drawing blood and spit) with other kids.

It comes back to hygiene standards. Our kids are cleaner than animals. If my kids were sleeping outside in poo then id probably vax them!!
    Kids get dirty. One can catch tetanus from soil. Just reminded me of this story:
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/heal...ppies-about-it

This unvaxxed kid got tetanus at age 7.
    "Alijah was discharged in a wheelchair on January 8 after 26 days in hospital. He faces a 12-month recovery including having to learn to eat and walk again."