+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Any educational PC games/programs recommendations?

We have just setup a new PC in our study (hubby and I are both from IT backgrounds however just have our wireless laptops and the kids never use them) for my 5yr old daughter and to some extent her 3yr old brother to use for limited periods. I don't want it used too much for mindless games that they will probably prefer (like our iPads have to some extent!) and would rather the likes of phonics, typing, spelling etc programs with just the odd 'fun' one for practice with keyboards skills (yes I know they should all be fun anyway but hopefully you get what I mean).

Does anyone recommend any? Or any web sites?

They learn Jolly Phonics at school but I don't think they have any programs and I'm not sure if I want to get into the ABC reading eggs incase it's taught a little different and may confuse.......

Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Reading Eggs

and our new current fav for the whole family is luminosity.com - it was rec by DS's psych and is used for brain function improvement. We all love it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think that Hooked on Phonics is a really good program. My kids' reading skills certainly improved heaps with it. As a teacher as well as a Mum, what I like about the program is that they focus on helping you, the parent how to teach your child the right way. The kids like it because it's really interactive and fun too. Not only that there is a 30 day guarantee, so if it doesn't fit for you, you can return it.