+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thank you so much everyone.

Nervous as now, hoping for a good night sleep. Will be glad to be over this next 2-3wks. Bet time won't fly as much as when I'm having fun lol

I will be back once I've had it done to update.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 3cats1pug View Post
    I had mine out 2 yrs ago. It was the worst pain I've ever had. EVER!! And I don't exaggerate as I've had breast reductions twice, my spleen removed, many other painful surgeries. And this was the absolute worst. It took me 3 weeks before I started feeling better. The pain was a 10/10. I was taking Endone and Panadeine forte. The trouble was it hurt to swallow just plain water so getting down the pain pills was an ordeal. My tonsils were enormous (touching in the middle) so I'm not sure how much that played into the pain, I also had my adenoids out. 2 ENT docs said they were the biggest they've ever seen in an adult.
    I couldn't talk at all for a full 2 weeks. My hubby had to sit right next to me while I tried to whisper. I'd just text him when I wanted something.

I second the difflam throat spray. My mum brought me that and it really helped. Get Panadeine and Panadol in dissolving tablets, they're good cos u don't have to swallow a pill.
    And the thing that helped my throat the most? Slurpies and Frozen Cokes! Mum would bring me one over in her lunch break and hubby would bring me home one from work. They are fantastic at numbing your throat.
    This sounds alot like me last year.
    I would rather give birth ten times over.
    I was delirious with pain and couldn't move for at least 2 weeks.
    I became very depressed which may have been the general anesthetic.
    Sorry, but it was absolutely horrendous.
    But! I'd do it all again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I had mine out it was way easier than a csection. It wasn't pleasant though. But it was so much better.

My food of choice was raisin toast. Because yeah its that weird healing itch feeling and obviously you can't scratch the inside of your throat. So toast was good.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    So they're out! Had a rough night, been taking painstop night & morphine injections.

My tongue is really numb & the corners of my lips. The nurse originally said it was probably an anaesetic but its been 22hrs.

Could the nerves in my tongue have been damaged?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope your feeling ok. DS complained about his tongue.. Maybe from the tongue suppressor? Might just be recovering slowly from that and the anesthetic. Fingers crossed for a quick recovery!

I loved you before I ever met you <3

Thanks
    Reviews
    The tongue is freaking me out, I hope it gets better soon.

I feel it fall out my mouth when I'm sleep & I imagine I look like a dog sleeping with its tongue out.

So sexy...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Might be normal because my LO had hers out just over 2 weeks ago and still holds her tongue out a lot of the time. I hope you have a speedy recovery and no more infections..
    Forgot to add on my earlier post that the diflam spray works best 20minutes before you are going to eat to numb the area.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My tongue is still swollen & numb. And the referred ear pain is amping up.

I'm still very sleepy, so been sleeping a lot.

I've found sleeping with the humidifier on helps as my mouth doesn't dry out so badly.

Been able to eat a bit, I had a piece of toast for breakfast, slice of bread for lunch, 6 chicken nuggets for tea with ice cream & half an LCM for dessert.

The salt water gargles have been helping get rid of the slimy gunk in my mouth.

I had surgery on Tuesday morning so I'm not sure how much worse its going to get before it gets better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my tonsils out at 20 and thought it was fine. I ate a sandwich the same day that I had them out. For me it only really hurt when I drank water or other thin liquids for maybe a week, I could eat basically anything. My surgeon was amazing!