+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Getting your tonsils out as an adult.

I must be tired. I read the title as " getting your toenails out as an adult"

I thought to myself well as long as they are manicured i dont mind haha

Carry on. I think ill have an early night!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

GrabbyCrabby is offline She is everything I need, that I never knew I wanted... She is everything I want, that I never knew I needed...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Getting your tonsils out as an adult.

Subbing. DP's been averaging 2 infections a month for the past 15 months or so.... He's finally got his referal for the ENT next month, but is pooping himself about getting them removed. He likes hearing what you've got to say

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm not going to lie, it was nearly 2 weeks of hell. But so worth it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I was fine! Got mine done when I was 21. Had extra pain relief in hospital (lied and said I was in more pain LOL!) terrible. Got sent home with endone, panadiene and gargle salt water.

One of my stitches didnt dissolve and I had to pull it out! Gross lol. Make sure you go back to eating normal ASAP!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Eeek - I go in on Tuesday morning. Hubby has really come around & being fantastic now. My In-Laws are coming down for two weeks to help care for us all & Hubby is having the first week off too. What a huge turn around from Feb hey!

Been reading heaps about adult tonsillectomy on various forums. Many suggest sleeping on a angle upright - does that help???

Any final ideas to help make recovery better??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good on you, it will change your life
    No further tips from me, just eat as much crunchy normal food as you can (toast) to scrape the sticky gooz off your throat afterwards.
    Good luck xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hubby had his out at 25. He said the things that helped him the most were diflam throat spray and cruskits. He lived on cruskits for 2 whole weeks.
    But as with everything 2 weeks of pain is worth it for getting rid of the infections and constant tiredness. My bub just had hers out 2 weeks ago at 13months, so glad it was over and done with early.

threechooks is offline If my spelling annoys you that's your problem.... I have better things to do than proofread !
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I had them out at 19 and I don't remember it being that bad at all. I ate icecream and drank a ****e load of strawberry breaka and still lost weight which I thought was pretty awesome. I have had two ceasers and I don't think the two operations are comparable. I mean, one makes it hard to eat and the other makes it hard to walk....apples and oranges.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyG4 View Post
    Hubby had his out at 25. He said the things that helped him the most were diflam throat spray and cruskits. He lived on cruskits for 2 whole weeks.
    But as with everything 2 weeks of pain is worth it for getting rid of the infections and constant tiredness.
    I've been wondering about that difflam throat spray.

Thanks for reminding me about cruskits.

Tomorrow I'll do a "food list" - so tragic I know but I like to plan lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had mine out 2 yrs ago. It was the worst pain I've ever had. EVER!! And I don't exaggerate as I've had breast reductions twice, my spleen removed, many other painful surgeries. And this was the absolute worst. It took me 3 weeks before I started feeling better. The pain was a 10/10. I was taking Endone and Panadeine forte. The trouble was it hurt to swallow just plain water so getting down the pain pills was an ordeal. My tonsils were enormous (touching in the middle) so I'm not sure how much that played into the pain, I also had my adenoids out. 2 ENT docs said they were the biggest they've ever seen in an adult.
    I couldn't talk at all for a full 2 weeks. My hubby had to sit right next to me while I tried to whisper. I'd just text him when I wanted something.

I second the difflam throat spray. My mum brought me that and it really helped. Get Panadeine and Panadol in dissolving tablets, they're good cos u don't have to swallow a pill.
    And the thing that helped my throat the most? Slurpies and Frozen Cokes! Mum would bring me one over in her lunch break and hubby would bring me home one from work. They are fantastic at numbing your throat.
    Last edited by 3cats1pug; 21-04-2013 at 21:21.