+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 5 wks preg and pink crinone discharge has me scared...

Hi all,
    I am 5 weeks pregnant today after my recent FET.
    I had spotting the day and day after I got my bfp on a hpt at 6dpt.
    Our hcg numbers then came back great at 560 10dpt and then 1250 12dpt.
    However the discharge from the crinone is starting to really worry me.
    Ever since I started it before transfer, every now and then it will come out in light pink clumps. Some other times it will look dark brown/blackish.
    But then other days it will mostly be white.......I have been trying to clean it out everyday. Which means it cant be old blood because it appears the day after I clean it out (if that makes sense..)

I have read that crinone can irritate the cervix but I am just so scared because I have had two chemical pregnancies before this and with the last one I had similar discharge to now (just a lot more) and I do not want to lose this baby....last week I was feeling quite a few pregnancy symptoms (e.g sore breasts, very tired and nauseous) but these last two days I have felt hardly anything!

I have some mild cramping on and off...mostly on the left side but it does happen all over and on the right side too. Not constantly, maybe three times a day, mostly at night.

I have moderate endo and am on prednisone - 20mg a day for suspected NK cells.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this and been ok? My first scan isnt until the 21st. I dont know how I am going to last that long...everytime I go to the loo I expect to see blood

Thanks
    Reviews

I never had this but did have a weird discharge with crinone after my bfp so it could very well be a side effect. Give your clinic a call - they will happily answer any questions or re-test your levels to give you reassurance! I learnt to ask about everything during my cycle -ugh better than stressing yourself silly (which I'm prone to) or asking Dr Google! Hcg is a great indicator that alls well!

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh and with the pregnancy symptoms - don't worry! They come and go! Everyone's different - I worried I wasn't having enough at times but all ended up just fine!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Hi there, not sure if you know but the base product of crinone is a beige colour so your discharge of the crinone lumps should be beige as the active ingredients which make it white to start with have been absorbed. My FS told me this. Also sometimes spotting etc can be due to low progesterone. Have you had it checked? some people need more crinone and/or the progesterone pessaries which for some reason seemed to work better for me. Hope it helps and good luck to you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your replies girls...
    My clinic isnt open over the weekend so unfortunately I will have to wait until Monday to ring them for some reassurance.

I don't have any actual spotting, it is only some of the crinone clumps that are coloured...My FS doesn't check for progesterone...I am on two crinone one a day and one a night, I will ask on Monday if they can check my progesterone levels though

Thank u

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bub4mepls View Post
    ...it is only some of the crinone clumps that are coloured...
    My vote: Don't stress at all!
    Crinone is VERY well known to come out in salmony brownish pinkish clumps (TMI?). It's most likely that what you describe is the Crinone. Slight blood can also be if it's irritating your cervix. Any amount of blood requiring a liner/pad is a concern. But the 'tinged' clumps don't sounds like a worry at all.

xoxo
    Fortitude

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: 5 wks preg and pink crinone discharge has me scared...

Thank you so much fortitude, that is really what I needed to hear do you know what causes the crinone to be that colour?

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bub4mepls View Post
    Thank you so much fortitude, that is really what I needed to hear do you know what causes the crinone to be that colour?

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub
    I'm not sure why it is that colour- no doubt it's a combination of the chemical/drugs in it.
    I imagine the company whiten it so it looks all clean and pretty for the consumer- but in time that wears off.

Here's a quote from a fertility centre site:

"I am concerned about the nature of my discharge and/or my cervical mucous during this treatment cycle.
    ...Vaginal pessaries, such as Crinone, can create a pink or brown discharge in normal situations. Any unusual spotting or discharge needs to be checked by your IVF doctor." http://www.lifefertility.com.au/faqs

See... totally normal!

Fortitude
    xoxo

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Fortitude For This Useful Post:

LittleGumnut  (09-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you fortitude!! That quote is actually from my clinic lol! I told the nurses prior to transfer about it and they weren't concerned...it just worries me more now that I am actually preg..ahh I need to learn to relax and stay of google!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to LittleGumnut For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (10-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definately keep off google- every time I google anything medical I come up with some rare disease or possible cancer scare!

xoxox
    Fortitude