+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Afew things...
    With my girls I fainted both pregnancies around 12 weeks, rather frightening because I had never fainted in my life.
    With my son I suddenly lost my vision around 34 weeks, that was scary.
    With my girls my sex drive dropped, with my son it increased.
    Craved mushrooms with my son but celery in peanut butter and tomato's with my girls lol.
    Lots of funny little things..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Seems the gagging and dry reaching (and I bring up anything Ive drank in the last 30 odd mins) when brushing teeth.

Since approx 5-6 weeks this started for me. Im now almost 19 weeks and STILL do it. I HATE it. God I hope it goes away post baby. Brushing teeth when your busy throwing up is NOT easy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelart View Post

With my girls my sex drive dropped, with my son it increased.

Lots of funny little things..
    This. With my daughter my sex drive dropped hugely, with my son it was the opposite!

I became allergic to my perfume. My favourite one, which I have worn regularly since my 21st birthday when I got it. It made me sneeze and break out in hives.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Brushing teeth initially made me gag, feeding the dog- not an option now. Swallowing pills is the worst- gawd I look at panadol and even putting it in my mouth is gruelling

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've just gone 13 weeks and find a few strange things...

I can't drink normal temperature drinks and hot drinks are a big no no (I miss my morning coffee!). They have to be ice cold preferably slurpee consistency and even then can only handle a few sips. Is making staying hydrated really hard.

I can't stand the shower. Used to love long hot showers now I can't get out of there quick enough and really need to talk myself into getting in.

I feel mean about this one but I can't stand the smell of DH's breath - it's not that its bad - he has great dental hygiene I just can't handle it (can't exactly tell him that either)

The smell of air freshener in the toilets (especially at work) makes me vomit - is not making going to the loo easy. Really hope that one passes but now I'm worried that I've made the association and will not be able to go to the toilet without vomiting for the rest of this pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was exactly the same as PP, I loved frozen cokes so much, I would even send DP down late at night to get me one, I couldn't stand feeding the dog his dog meat either it would make me gag, I used to love pork but during pregnancy I couldn't even look at it without my stomach turning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I went off garlic bread!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I couldn't kiss DF unless he'd cleaned his teeth about twenty times and I had to brush my teeth at least three times a day. It wasn't a hygiene problem, I couldn't stand anyone breathing near me but DF happened to be the one most likely to lean in for a kiss!

Cleaning products made me wretch, even going to the supermarket was a nightmare and I almost passed out when we drove past the fishmarkets. My sense of smell and taste was super crazy sensitive. It lasted until well into the second trimester.

Strangely enough, I also went completely off my favourite ice cream (Connoisseur Cookies & Cream, yum). I couldn't eat it, couldn't smell it, it was just awful. I totally got over it after I gave birth though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hollychops View Post
    I wanted to lick the dusty cement wall in the stairwell at work. Yuck!
    But I so badly wanted to taste it...
    Did you do it ???

Quote Originally Posted by starla View Post
    I would gag and vomit whilst brushing my teeth most mornings while pregnant with DS2 up until he was born.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub
    this is me too, for the first 12 weeks i couldn't get out of bed, now i am starting to feel a little better (almost 19 weeks) but still vomit at least once a day every morning in the shower, its horrible :-(

Quote Originally Posted by wikidwitch View Post
    I couldn't kiss DF unless he'd cleaned his teeth about twenty times and I had to brush my teeth at least three times a day. It wasn't a hygiene problem, I couldn't stand anyone breathing near me but DF happened to be the one most likely to lean in for a kiss!
    OMGH this is me too, i feel so bad and don't want to tell DP i think his breath smells, i usually don't have a problem with it but lately i just feel like his breath always smells bad.