+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default What if Liberal wins in september?

Quote Originally Posted by Plan2bamummy View Post
    I'm all for it i personally think part of it will be funded by the fact that the recipient will still be paying their usual tax, rather than not contributing for 6-12 months.
    I'll give you an example ( of me) bubs due in august and ill be taking the 18 weeks and part pay at work for maternity leave ( so pretty much I'll be on half income for majority of the 13/14 financial year)
    because of our investment property deductions I will NOT pay ANY tax next financial year, so the government will be missing out on about 20k worth of tax revenue from me alone. We would also be able to spend like we are currently spending ( rather than being tight) so it helps economy that way and they get gist revenue.
    if I was able to get 26 weeks at full pay I wouldn't need to take mat leave at half pay therefore be able to pay full tax.
    Want to know the funny thing, because of my "low" income we could be eligible for government assistance too
    Great reply

Thanks
    Reviews

Double post

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by MummaOJ View Post
    It will be funded by big companies - a 1.7% levy on businesses paying more than $5million in tax. This was reported in the Courier Mail 8/2 (google it). 6 months at the employers real salary.
    If he does this then the businesses that are required to pay the levy will pass the increase onto us by upping their prices in whatever it is they sell/provide. So in the long run nobody would be better off, most of all the SAH parents and their families.

It will not be maintainable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I work for the department of health so I get 14 weeks paid. So if liberal are in government il get a total of 40 weeks at my pay??? I dont think so somehow.

The liberal party could suggest 2 years pay and a free cleaner once a week. I still wouldn't vote for them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by darla87 View Post
    I work for the department of health so I get 14 weeks paid. So if liberal are in government il get a total of 40 weeks at my pay??? I dont think so somehow.

The liberal party could suggest 2 years pay and a free cleaner once a week. I still wouldn't vote for them.
    I work for the govt so am in same boat. And I agree, there's nothing they could do to win my vote!

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I think it's a great idea

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Where do they think they're going to get that money from? Yeah sure, that sounds fantastic. If I could have that much time at my full wage I'd be stoked! But it's just not feasible.
    It's a great idea. Just like free food, no bills and doing your job because you love it and not because you need a wage.
    I just don't get where the money to achieve those things is supposed to come from.

But unfortunately there are a large portion of the population who vote based on whether or not they like the leader of the party rather than doing research on what all of the party's policies are. And a good chunk of them will say "That sounds great! I'm voting for him!" without stopping to ask whether or not a policy is even possible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by darla87 View Post
    100% agree. And 26 weeks at my salary would be awesome for me

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Eko View Post
    Where do they think they're going to get that money from? Yeah sure, that sounds fantastic. If I could have that much time at my full wage I'd be stoked! But it's just not feasible.
    It's a great idea. Just like free food, no bills and doing your job because you love it and not because you need a wage.
    I just don't get where the money to achieve those things is supposed to come from.

But unfortunately there are a large portion of the population who vote based on whether or not they like the leader of the party rather than doing research on what all of the party's policies are. And a good chunk of them will say "That sounds great! I'm voting for him!" without stopping to ask whether or not a policy is even possible.
    There are alot of us who pay a lot of tax, who will not pay that tax when we choose babies over work. As per my previous post the government is set to loose over 20k in income tax from me alone next year, not to mention loss of GST revenue ( as we arent spending) and still give me over 10k ( ppl) and thanks to our "low income" actually be possibly eligible for government assistance. It's going to cost the government a lot more than my wage for 26 weeks.
    I don't mind who you vote for, I'm just saying to look at the bigger picture of what's happening now. I know there are a lot of women who are in the same boat as me ( just in my office alone we have two others)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Eko View Post
    And a good chunk of them will say "That sounds great! I'm voting for him!" without stopping to ask whether or not a policy is even possible.
    By the same token, a large portion will say 'that sounds great but I don't like him so I won't vote for his party' without stopping to ask whether or not a policy is in fact possible - look at all the replies on here with everyone saying 'oh that would never work where would they get the money without cutting my baby bonus', but so many people still haven't gone and read media releases to see how indeed they plan for this to work.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MummaOJ For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (09-02-2013)