+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default What if Liberal wins in september?

Quote Originally Posted by Janesmum123 View Post
    Tonys way of trying to get women to vote for him.
    Hoping we will all forget his other sexist remarks. Fat chance here!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    As lovely an idea as it sounds in theory, which other benefits will they cut to pay for it? Everytime a government 'gives something' they take the difference from the people who can least afford it. He also wants to scrap the carbon tax while he is at it making that even less money coming in. I refuse to vote for him at any rate. He is a neanderthal. I really dont want someone that sexist in a position with that much power.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Tildy For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (08-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

It will be funded by big companies - a 1.7% levy on businesses paying more than $5million in tax. This was reported in the Courier Mail 8/2 (google it). 6 months at the employers real salary.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Courier mail, daily telegraph, herald sun, all news ltd.

Thanks
    Reviews

I wrote that so those that were interested could find the article that I read. So many assumptions that the baby bonus would be scrapped to pay for it, so I thought I would share what I had read, and where, about this 'proposal', no need to be a smarty pants about it. I like to read all proposals, which by politicians are usually all false promises, vote grabbing lies, but the more you read the more informed you become and the more likely you are to make a decision to vote correctly. There is just so much 'I hate liberal/labour, I hate tony/Julia' going on in bubhub world, I think more people need to read more widely and stop coming up with their own theories and then putting those ideas onto others (if I read just the beginning of this thread I probably would have run away saying 'oh no Tony wants to scrap the baby bonus to pay for rich people to take 6 months full pay at taxpayer expense' - a bit like Chinese whispers really).

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by MummaOJ View Post
    I wrote that so those that were interested could find the article that I read. So many assumptions that the baby bonus would be scrapped to pay for it, so I thought I would share what I had read, and where, about this 'proposal', no need to be a smarty pants about it. I like to read all proposals, which by politicians are usually all false promises, vote grabbing lies, but the more you read the more informed you become and the more likely you are to make a decision to vote correctly. There is just so much 'I hate liberal/labour, I hate tony/Julia' going on in bubhub world, I think more people need to read more widely and stop coming up with their own theories and then putting those ideas onto others (if I read just the beginning of this thread I probably would have run away saying 'oh no Tony wants to scrap the baby bonus to pay for rich people to take 6 months full pay at taxpayer expense' - a bit like Chinese whispers really).
    Thankyou for taking the time for your reply. I will have a read. I am always interested in reading both parties proposals, like you say, so I can be more informed when voting day comes around

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kazza78 For This Useful Post:

MummaOJ  (08-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

The article was published 5/2 sorry.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Hoping we will all forget his other sexist remarks. Fat chance here!
    Yes, I would sooner poke a rusty fork in my eye repeatedly than vote for that creep

Quote Originally Posted by Tildy View Post
    As lovely an idea as it sounds in theory, which other benefits will they cut to pay for it?
    A pretty fair guess is lower and middle earners will fund it. This is the Libs we are talking about As I said, I expect the BB to be completely cut for SAHM's (which is ironic given he thinks a woman's place is ironing clothes), the school bonus will be gone and they will cut all the funding for the carbon tax.....

which speaking of the carbon tax, I find it ironic the govt has made little money yet the energy companies have put prices thru the roof! They have totally profiteered.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

SpecialPatrolGroup  (08-02-2013),Stiflers Mom  (08-02-2013),Tildy  (08-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm all for it i personally think part of it will be funded by the fact that the recipient will still be paying their usual tax, rather than not contributing for 6-12 months.
    I'll give you an example ( of me) bubs due in august and ill be taking the 18 weeks and part pay at work for maternity leave ( so pretty much I'll be on half income for majority of the 13/14 financial year)
    because of our investment property deductions I will NOT pay ANY tax next financial year, so the government will be missing out on about 20k worth of tax revenue from me alone. We would also be able to spend like we are currently spending ( rather than being tight) so it helps economy that way and they get gist revenue.
    if I was able to get 26 weeks at full pay I wouldn't need to take mat leave at half pay therefore be able to pay full tax.
    Want to know the funny thing, because of my "low" income we could be eligible for government assistance too