+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Unhappy Mental Health help with my son

hi everyone, my 5yo son has 'layered' issues as the mental health unit say.
    He has speech and language impairment, fine and gross motor skill impairments and behavioural issues. I have been seeing the royal childrens hospital for 2.5 years and hes being seeing a child development team also. I have also taken him to a private child psychologist.
    To make things simple EVERY proffessional has said he has adhd but they dont want to 'label' him for a few more years.
    As his mother I have tried and researched every natural thing possible without anything working. He is seriously delayed in most things.
    I am frustrated because I cant find someone who will 'label' him (I'm using there terminology) I feel he will improve quite quickly if he would be able to concentrate and stay still. I am at my last tether and have decided to move from natural to meds. Does anyone know of a paediatrician in Brisbane who wont string out the obvious and start treatment. I dont want him to get behind in school more than he already is.
    Thanks in advance.
    p.s I know this topic is debatable whether children with adhd should be on meds or not. If you are a natural supporter any ideas (cross fingers ones I havnt tried) and have any other ideas please let me know

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks but I have already done that loop. Zacs seeing the people at Keperra, just had a school meeting with them today, they were nice enough to give me resources for ADHD. They did his assessments so school councilor has result number. I've decided I'm going to try and hold off another year for the medication as I feel he will need to go on them eventually and the longer i can hold off the better for his body.