+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by me+he&she=three View Post
    I decided to take 8MO DD to the movies this morning as there are now babes in arms sessions several times a week and its nice to be able to catch up on mindless hollywood tripe every now and then like we used to pre-baby....I also like the idea of going to a babes in arms session so if DD decides to be very very noisy (as is usually the case) or I need to feed no-one would bat an eyelid.

Anyway, I was in line getting my ticket and noticed there were lots of older people going to the session and the cashier was politely explaining to them all that the session was half price because it was babes in arms and there would be mothers with little ones blahblahblah....anyway they all agreed it was fine and went to this instead of the full price session 15min later.

10 minutes into the film and sure enough DD decided she wanted to bounce on my lap. I thought no probs lets get some of that energy out of her so she falls asleep for the rest of the session. She wasn't being flown through the air (just bounced on my lap) After a minute or two of bouncing, the older lady sitting behind me said 'put that baby down I can't see the movie'.....I was a bit shocked for a minute and responded 'how about you go and move to one of the other seats (as about 85% of the cinema was empty)....to which I got quiet a few tut tut tuts....

I'm a bit peeved that this happened and wanted to get some opinions on this. Personally I am all for a shared cinema experience - why should it just be bubs and mums (or carers) but how dare someone expect to enjoy their movie without interruption after signing up knowing full well that is the entire point of these sessions?
    Ahhh the meanie in me would have done stuff to annoy them heaps.. as in I would have been tickling DD heaps and all that kind of stuff. Just to annoy the **** out of her. Instead of bouncing her you should have just held her up there the entire time so she couldn't see the movie mwahahahaha

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Renesme For This Useful Post:

VanityFey  (20-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    For some reason our babes in arms session is also full of old people too, it can't just be coincidence. The thing is these people don't even know its babes in arms, they need to put a big sign up at the entrance or something.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chew the Mintie View Post
    For some reason our babes in arms session is also full of old people too, it can't just be coincidence. The thing is these people don't even know its babes in arms, they need to put a big sign up at the entrance or something.
    I agree with this. We had an old couple in one of ours once and they left about 15 minutes into the movie. I don't think they realised it was a babes in arms session.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If I went to a mums and bubs session, I'd be more interested in looking at the bubs than the movie. *clucky* I didn't know they were cheaper.
    Also, what age is still considered a "bub"? When I was a teenager, I saw The Lion King at the movies & there were quite a few 2 & 3 yr olds there. Nobody seemed that bothered, even though many of them were crying, squealing, running around etc. (Of course it was a kids' movie!) Are kids now banned from other sessions? What about people talking through movies, or laughing too loud? People are far too precious if you ask me. If you want to watch a movie in complete silence, wait for DVD!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good on you for saying something. It would be easier for her to move or (lightbulb moment here) even have just gone to a different session.

Sent from my GT540 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    What a rude woman. Some people really have a nerve saying things like this. I considering taking DS2 next week to a babes in arms session. They also provide cake and coffee for I think $8.50 including the ticket

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    "I'm sorry, is my baby at a mums and bubs showing interrupting you? Well, there's the door. Don't let it hit you on the @rse on the way out".

What a snotty old moo-er. I'd be furious! I've got no problems with non-parents being at one of those showings but they have to accept that it's under the condition that there will be BABIES there. That's the point of it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    you were very classy not to let fly at the silly old cow.

im afraid i would have given her a mouthful..or i would have put my DD over my shoulder and tried to get her to projectile vomit over the old bat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I think the staff should strongly discourage anybody without a baby/child from buying a ticket into these sessions because it's quite obvious that the non child/baby accompanying patron is going to be annoyed at the disruptions/noise etc that is expected in a 'Babes in arms' movie session.

If I was selling the tickets, I would say 'sure, you can go in, but you have to pay full price for a ticket' and hopefully that would dissuade them enough.

Kudos for rightfully saying something OP, I know I would have as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    There's an idea. Tickets should only be cheap if you are actually bringing in a baby or child. Stops all the oldies going in and whinging about it.

But, I think the cinema probably wants to make as much money as they can so I doubt they would do that. They'll do whatever sells the most tickets. But I don't really care anyway, if someone else goes in to a mums and bubs session and whinges about the babies, they are just making themselves look stupid. And I would probably laugh at them.