+ Reply to Thread
    rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Help - tonight's needle

Hi all,

Tonight I'm going to a family dinner and I won't be home by 9pm when I need to do my needle. The earliest I could get home would be about ten, so I'm going to take it with me, except no one in my family knows we're going through IVF and I especially don't want my mum to find out right now (for a few complicated reasons).

So I was going to take it in the cooler bag with an ice brick in it and leave it in the car - would that be okay? I don't want to compromise the integrity of the shot.

What would you do?

And would you take just one needle and the vial of medicine, or the whole box to keep it altogether? Ah I'm stressed!

Thanks
    Reviews

Don't stress! A cooler bag will be just fine, I've done that will my trigger shot a couple of times!

Best of luck!!

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    thanks! just going to take it in the cooler bag with an ice brick and keep it in the spare room with my bag etc. I'm sure that'll be fine

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Don't stress, I would do exactly how you have planned then pop to the car when you need it. Maybe bring a bandaid if you are used to letting your wound air for a while afterwards and if you are on blood thinners you might bleed through your clothes easier.

Which injection is this? Certrotide? because you can actually pre-mix that one before you go so the needle is ready to use.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    thanks! just going to take it in the cooler bag with an ice brick and keep it in the spare room with my bag etc. I'm sure that'll be fine
    I've done this more than once too...on the cycle I got my bfp so no probs at all!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I had to take my trigger shot in the middle of a Gala Ball! Just kept the cooler bag under my seat and 'discretely' (as discrete as possible in the middle of the speeches when you sit on the head table) went to the bathroom, felt like a bit of junkie but all good. Obviously worked ok as now 13 weeks pg.

Your plan to keep it in a spare room sounds the best (easier excuse to duck there then back to the car). Don't stress about it and if you are a few minutes either side it doesn't matter. If its a trigger short later is better than early, but for normal injections it doesn't really matter.

Good luck.