+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Where is the baby bonus?

Drop into Medicare and ask rather then waiting on hold. I found them a lot quicker

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by thepouts View Post
    Far out what is your problem?! I didn't ask for any judgemental responses to my question. A simple answer of 3 months would have been fine.

Thanks to everybody else for their HELPFUL responses.
    I think you've read into that too much. She wasn't being rude, just truthful.

People in a crisis are prioritised over people that have had babies. If you are in financial distress, pop into a centre, they may not be able to push your claim forward, but might tell you where your claim is up to

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MrJones&Me For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (08-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi thepouts.
    I work for the Australian Department of Human Services in a team that answers questions about Centrelink payments and services on social media sites such as this.
    As others have mentioned in this thread we have been experiencing high demand due to the flood emergencies. I would suggest you either visit an office or give us a call to find out exactly what is happening with your Baby Bonus payment.To be able to use Place in Queue, our call back service, you must be registered for Centrelink phone self service
    You can register for Centrelink’s phone self-service:

If your expected call wait time is greater than 5 minutes, you will be asked to leave your details. When the call gets close to the front of the queue, Centrelink will call you back

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i believe there is a time frame to process.......give them a call and tell them the 21 days is up adn you need the money. they must process it.....(it is 21 or 28 days but either way you are well over that time frame)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

I would call them and put your phone on loud speaker and just have it by you until they answer. A 25 minute wait is not abnormal for centrelink so if you wait for a time when it's less than that you might be waiting weeks and weeks. Best time to call is first thing too.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    I would call them and put your phone on loud speaker and just have it by you until they answer. A 25 minute wait is not abnormal for centrelink so if you wait for a time when it's less than that you might be waiting weeks and weeks. Best time to call is first thing too.

Or at night (they're open til 8pm I'm pretty sure )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014

Default Re: Where is the baby bonus?

Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    I agree with this, the last time I had to wait over 90 minutes on hold, 25 minutes actually isn't that long in centrelink time

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    I agree with this, the last time I had to wait over 90 minutes on hold, 25 minutes actually isn't that long in centrelink time

90 minutes is atrocious

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post

Oh I thought 25 minutes was bad, mainly because my 2 year old decided to draw on the floor with textas (which I can't get off) in the short amount of time i was on the phone but 90 minutes -wow!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lauzy83 View Post
    Use the call back option. It's much easier and doesn't cost especially if you're like me with only a mobile!

It may be as I said because of the floods they are really busy. Hope you get it sorted soon!
    The first time I tried using the callback system I waited 45mins, agreed to use the call back system and it cut out and didn't go through, called back for another hour wait.