+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Where is the baby bonus?

Our DD will be 8 weeks old tomorrow and we still have not gotten any of our baby bonus and its not showing up online in my payments. We handed the forms in to our local office when she was 3 days old. We've received her birth certificate and our new Medicare card. It's just getting ridiculous. Is this happening to anyone else?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I waited 5 weeks and then I rang Centrelink. They apologised and said they had a lot to be processed and fixed it for me over the phone.

There are delays at the moment due to the floods and people claiming help.

Give them a ring and see what happens.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks! I should have said I did call a week ago today and was told it still had to be assessed. They told me to call back in a week. I tried calling today but the wait time was 25 minutes plus. I might go in to the office on Monday

Thanks
    Reviews

With ds we received it in 3 weeks but with dd we received it the very next day of putting it in. I think its all over the shop unfortunately.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by thepouts View Post
    Thanks! I should have said I did call a week ago today and was told it still had to be assessed. They told me to call back in a week. I tried calling today but the wait time was 25 minutes plus. I might go in to the office on Monday
    Use the call back option. It's much easier and doesn't cost especially if you're like me with only a mobile!

It may be as I said because of the floods they are really busy. Hope you get it sorted soon!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Lauzy83 View Post
    Use the call back option. It's much easier and doesn't cost especially if you're like me with only a mobile!

It may be as I said because of the floods they are really busy. Hope you get it sorted soon!
    I really wanted to use the call back but I don't have a 6 digit pin? How do I get one of them?i guess I have to call them up and ask for it haha?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We received our first baby bonus installment when our bub was three months old. They don't have to pay you straight away just as long as they pay you prior to the child turning 12 months.

Please be mindful that the flooding crisis is massive up in Queensland, particularly in Bundaberg. 10,000 people have been severely affected. Homes have been literally wiped off the map. Centrelink hasn't even gotten through processing a quarter of those in dire need so a few more weeks wouldn't hurt you.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by thepouts View Post
    I really wanted to use the call back but I don't have a 6 digit pin? How do I get one of them?i guess I have to call them up and ask for it haha?!

I didn't realise that mattered sorry!

Edit: oh and yes they help you with the pin thing. You do it with the silly computer recording lady!
    Last edited by Lauzy83; 08-02-2013 at 10:06.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by happy wanderer View Post
    We received our first baby bonus installment when our bub was three months old. They don't have to pay you straight away just as long as they pay you prior to the child turning 12 months.

Please be mindful that the flooding crisis is massive up in Queensland, particularly in Bundaberg. 10,000 people have been severely affected. Homes have been literally wiped off the map. Centrelink hasn't even gotten through processing a quarter of those in dire need so a few more weeks wouldn't hurt you.
    Far out what is your problem?! I didn't ask for any judgemental responses to my question. A simple answer of 3 months would have been fine.

Thanks to everybody else for their HELPFUL responses.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014

Default Re: Where is the baby bonus?

Quote Originally Posted by happy wanderer View Post

Sorry but I find this completely inappropriate. I'm sure OP isn't comparing herself to those who lost everything etc, but that doesn't mean she doesn't have bills to pay etc. Just because someone is worse off doesn't make someone else's issues non existant, there is no need to attempt to make her feel bad about asking.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

BoyCrazy  (08-02-2013),FrothyFrog  (08-02-2013),me+he=3  (08-02-2013),Purple Lily  (08-02-2013)