+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 41 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Lock up risk-taking mothers

Sorry I thought she was making a generalized statement, I didn't realize she was responding to you.

Eta see post below please.
    Last edited by headoverfeet; 09-02-2013 at 20:48.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    Sorry your confusing me? Does this explain it better?

I think if your going to send people to rehab for addictions under the mental health act than it should be everyone who is mentally ill and addicted to xyz not just pregnant women? I'm not saying pregnant women should be excluded but they should not be the only ones included..
    That's what I have said? I don't think anyone has said it shouldn't happen just that it should not be restricted to pregnant women?
    I might be confused too. But I thought you meant that you think only pregnant women would be included but it should be for everyone not just pregnant women. What Sonja is saying is everyone already is included because they already do it, she gave an example a few pages of her brother? And that the mental health act can force an addict into a mental hospital and treat them (as a mental patient)
    I don't agree that this is rehab though, a proper rehab is different. But if they can force mentaly ill patients into treatments (hence they have no bodliy autonomy can't spell it) why can't they use that same law to treat an addict. You would think an addict has (and usually do) have a mental illness. I agree it should be for everyone if this happened, but because women are carrying a child they should be given priority.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Ffrenchknickers View Post
    How would they even police this? Drug test all pregnant women?
    Not at all. A woman (like my family member) has a known mental illness, uses alcohol excessively and then became pregnant. I am talking about those circumstances.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh you already responded. Yes I agree Sonja, you explained it better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Sorry I thought she was making a generalized statement, I didn't realize she was responding to you.
    I thought she was. I'm too tired.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Ok I have had another look and I do recall her quoting you. Your post back there sounds like you are only talking about locking up pregnant women. I disagree with that as I have just outlined.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Someones Mummy View Post
    Oh you already responded. Yes I agree Sonja, you explained it better.

No your explanation was fine. Current treatment is only for the mental illness, not the D or A addiction.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Ok I have had another look and I do recall her quoting you. Your post back there sounds like you are only talking about locking up pregnant women. I disagree with that as I have just outlined.
    Sorry I don't know how you got that but my bad if you did. that would involve changing mental health laws so no one except pregnant women could be forced?? Not sure why anyone would suggest that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Sorry I don't know how you got that but my bad if you did. that would involve changing mental health laws so no one except pregnant women could be forced?? Not sure why anyone would suggest that.
    The example Onionskin quoted that you wrote was a pregnant person. Sorry if I missed the flow of the conversation prior to that.

Neither am I but I wouldn't be surprised if someone did!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Yes her pregnancy was relevant, but not of itself determinative.