+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 41 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Lock up risk-taking mothers

Honestly. I really don't think a 15 year old who has grown up around pot smokers so doesn't really know any different should be judged and have her baby taken *forever.*. And I don't think she wouldn't care about the baby or love him/her, that's I big assumption.

I am a happily married, mother of 5 with 2 secure incomes, a house, support of a great church, wonderful sober friends, and I still struggle with wanting to use drugs. Sometimes hourly. I love my family with all my heart, I'm a good mum but the addict in me is still there and the voice is strong. If this opens me up to judgement then so be it, my point is that, if I, who has all the support in the world finds it hard after many, many years, then how can we expect a young teenager to do it on their own. Or how hard would it be for someone with a very long term addiction?

We are all human.

I strongly believe society would be better off if we judged less and helped more.
    Last edited by Ffrenchknickers; 09-02-2013 at 15:35.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ffrenchknickers For This Useful Post:

beebs  (09-02-2013),ChickyBee  (09-02-2013),delirium  (09-02-2013),Ellewood  (09-02-2013),SpecialPatrolGroup  (09-02-2013),VanityFey  (10-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ffrenchknickers View Post
    Honestly. I really don't think a 15 year old who has grown up around pot smokers so doesn't really know any different should be judged and have her baby taken *forever.*. And I don't think she wouldn't care about the baby or love him/her, that's I big assumption.

I am a happily married, mother of 5 with 2 secure incomes, a house, support of a great church, wonderful sober friends, and I still struggle with wanting to use drugs. I love my family with all my heart, I'm a good mum but the addict in me is still there and the voice is strong. If this opens me up to judgement then so be it, my point is that, if I, who has all the support in the world finds it hard after many, many years, then how can we expect a young teenager to do it on their own. Or how hard would it be for someone with a very long term addiction?

We are all human.

I strongly believe society would be better off if we judged less and helped more.
    So very true. There is no easy solution.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ffrenchknickers View Post

I am a happily married, mother of 5 with 2 secure incomes, a house, support of a great church, wonderful sober friends, and I still struggle with wanting to use drugs. Sometimes hourly. I love my family with all my heart, I'm a good mum but the addict in me is still there and the voice is strong. If this opens me up to judgement then so be it, my point is that, if I, who has all the support in the world finds it hard after many, many years, then how can we expect a young teenager to do it on their own. Or how hard would it be for someone with a very long term addiction?

We are all human.

I guess its easier for those that didnt see this child she was a mess, she was abusive to people, the doctors begged her to stop smoking weed, social workers told her her baby would be taken if she tested positive for weed and she told them its her life her baby and f off. she smoked weed every day and sometimes laced it with codeine but she really did not care why put a baby through that? Why put a child into that home when there is a 5 year waiting list for an infant to families that actually want a baby.

Thanks
    Reviews

This is indeed a complex issue and one without an easy solution.

I just find it so strange that in these threads, there are always so many members are so quick to defend women who drink, smoke, take illicit drugs while pregnant because its the woman's body so she can pollute it with whatever she wants.

Not so many who defend a brand new, innocent baby. These babies grow up and live with the life long effects of their mothers drinking heavily, or smoking, or taking drugs while they were in utero. I'd really love to hear from some more people who have had to suffer because of such things, and see what their opinions are. I wonder if they would be so quick to say her body, her choice. Babies don't get a choice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post

I just find it so strange that in these threads, there are always so many members are so quick to defend women who drink, smoke, take illicit drugs while pregnant because its the woman's body so she can pollute it with whatever she wants.

Not so many who defend a brand new, innocent baby. These babies grow up and live with the life long effects of their mothers drinking heavily, or smoking, or taking drugs while they were in utero. I'd really love to hear from some more people who have had to suffer because of such things, and see what their opinions are. I wonder if they would be so quick to say her body, her choice. Babies don't get a choice.
    thats where I am coming from I dont care if people want to be high everyday and wreck their own lives and bodies but dont babies deserve more?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Yep that would be me. I still believe it is the mother that must come first.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by onionskin View Post
    Yep that would be me. I still believe it is the mother that must come first.
    Yup that's what I mean, it's really most people who think that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just find it so strange that in these threads, there are always so many members are so quick to defend women who drink, smoke, take illicit drugs while pregnant because its the woman's body so she can pollute it with whatever she wa
    Well I don't defend these behaviours, but I understand it to an extent due to family experiences. There's a difference. I don't defend it but I do defend womens rights and feel very concerned that people want to chip away at that, and if we start, where the chipping ends. No-one says its fine to he a drug-addict though.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ellewood For This Useful Post:

beebs  (10-02-2013),onionskin  (09-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    I guess its easier for those that didnt see this child she was a mess, she was abusive to people, the doctors begged her to stop smoking weed, social workers told her her baby would be taken if she tested positive for weed and she told them its her life her baby and f off. she smoked weed every day and sometimes laced it with codeine but she really did not care why put a baby through that? Why put a child into that home when there is a 5 year waiting list for an infant to families that actually want a baby.
    Of course I agree we need to protect children. I don't know many people who think otherwise, infact I don't know anybody who would even think close to that.

My question is. What support is this 15 year old child getting? She now not only has the issues her home environment has caused to deal with but the deep hole that will be in here, from losing her child due to what she has done. How much judgement is she receiving compared to support and keeping *her* safe?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ffrenchknickers For This Useful Post:

beebs  (10-02-2013),ChickyBee  (09-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

What I find strange is that anybody who doesn't agree or believes in a more holistic and human approach to these issues is seen as condoning such behaviours!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ffrenchknickers For This Useful Post:

beebs  (10-02-2013)