+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 39 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014

Default Re: Lock up risk-taking mothers

Quote Originally Posted by Ffrenchknickers View Post
    It wouldn't work. How long do you keep them there? And how many times do you keep bringing them back? You can't force a person to quit, they have to want to. You can't force a person to deal with painful issues before they are ready. I know addiction and crime is a terrible problem don't get me wrong, I just don't think that is the answer. Not to mention the cost.
    Agreed.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Lock up risk-taking mothers

Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Sick or dead bubba because mum was allowed to do drugs... Now that's horrifying.
    Yes it is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

It wouldn't work. How long do you keep them there? And how many times do you keep bringing them back? You can't force a person to quit, they have to want to. You can't force a person to deal with painful issues before they are ready. I know addiction and crime is a terrible problem don't get me wrong, I just don't think that is the answer. Not to mention the cost.
    Keep them there until they have bubba. Then they Can be set free to screw with their bodies all they want.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Keep them there until they have bubba. Then they Can be set free to screw with their bodies all they want.
    It's.not.that.simple.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ffrenchknickers For This Useful Post:

Ana Gram  (08-02-2013),beebs  (09-02-2013),peanutmonkey  (09-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

It's.not.that.simple.
    I agree. A law would have to be passed and funding available for rehab.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

When you watch someone suffering through a drug problem and your whole family suffers, you do want them forced when they won't help themselves. If you can force someone to jail, you should force them into rehab and it should be the first option.
    Yes expensive but necessary. Drugs are illegal why not enforce it? A court date fine and on your way isn't good enough. Drug addicts can commit a whole list of crimes and be given good behaviour bond, no jail, no forced rehab. Then it's jail when the court gets sick of you, which doesn't help an addict.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Someones Mummy View Post
    When you watch someone suffering through a drug problem and your whole family suffers, you do want them forced when they won't help themselves. If you can force someone to jail, you should force them into rehab and it should be the first option.
    Yes expensive but necessary. Drugs are illegal why not enforce it? A court date fine and on your way isn't good enough. Drug addicts can commit a whole list of crimes and be given good behaviour bond, no jail, no forced rehab. Then it's jail when the court gets sick of you, which doesn't help an addict.
    I know. Believe me I know. I just don't think that idea would be successful. The cycle just repeats until they are ready to quit which only comes from within.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ffrenchknickers For This Useful Post:

Ana Gram  (08-02-2013),beebs  (09-02-2013),onionskin  (09-02-2013),peanutmonkey  (09-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

I know. Believe me I know. I just don't think that idea would be successful. The cycle just repeats until they are ready to quit which only comes from within.
    The aim of a new law would not necessarily be to cure the mum, but to stop her vice until their baby is born. If the mum is cured then that's great. If not at least bub will be safe.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

~ElectricPink~  (08-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

The aim of a new law would not necessarily be to cure the mum, but to stop their vice until their baby is born. If the mum is cured then that's great. If not at least bub will be safe.
    Mum has bub taken away, fills empty hole with more drugs, maybe has another baby...this time maybe she will get it right...cycle repeats. I do think there should be alot more services available and offered, I really do, and there needs to be follow up. I just don't think enforcement is the way to go.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ffrenchknickers For This Useful Post:

beebs  (09-02-2013),SassyMummy  (08-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

You do have to want to I agree, but I've seen so many of my brothers friends die before that happens and don't know many long term users who have that light bulb moment you know?
    It's all money, jails are private funded that I know of, government may give some funding but ultimately drug rehabs cost more and addicts aren't high enough on the agenda for a government to spend money on it.

Drug addicts do want to quit too, it's not a life they enjoy, but it's hard and the help available isn't enough. When rehab gets hard my bro walks out, if it were up to me Id force him to stay for at least a year, he's been in jail that long plenty of times for pety crime all related to drugs. He's not a bad person and deserves time but help too.
    Forced rehab isn't a horrible thing. It's better than jail or death by overdose