+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Peaze View Post
    Thanks everyone and yeah, I can't afford to lose my family tax benefit just so he can pretend all this isn't happening. I'm happy not to claim cs as long as it doesn't affect me negatively financially. But as far as I've been advised by legal aid it will so I'm going after him for it.
    i have a few friends that simply said they didnt know the father was a drunken fling and they got exemptions and full benefits

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Child support question

Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    i have a few friends that simply said they didnt know the father was a drunken fling and they got exemptions and full benefits
    Why should she lie so he can shirk his responsibilities?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

Peaze  (09-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Yes I wouldn't take alot of notice of LMF - I'm sure she is on a one woman crusade to save all these men from these terrible girls absolutely apply for child support, if he is not doing the right thing at least he can be helping you to support her. That's being a good mum IMO. Congrats I remember your initial posts and am very happy you have your beautiful girl. Best of luck with it all xxxxxx

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mokeybear For This Useful Post:

Peaze  (09-02-2013),Stiflers Mom  (10-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Why should she lie so he can shirk his responsibilities?
    I was just saying that I had friends that did it, to protect their children from guys who didnt want anything to do with the baby but prob would if he had to pay so to skip all the drama they just let it go they were not any worse off financially and didnt have to deal with the drama and pain of dealing with a man who only wants the kids so he doesnt have to pay thats all. They are all happy with the choice the men moved on and the children and moms live their life how they want are free to move around and not have to answer to the father. Thats all anyway OP good luck in your decision and congrats on the baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Thanks everyone!! I am not willing to lie and so I have to deal with every thing that comes from telling the truth. I would love him to be in her life as I have always believed him to be an amazing person, the problem is only that he doesn't believe it himself. He has a niece and I think another in the meantime and was so great with her. I think part of his problem is that he always feels like a victim in his life, instead of just taking responsibility and ownership of his actions!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Peaze View Post
    Thanks everyone!! I am not willing to lie and so I have to deal with every thing that comes from telling the truth. I would love him to be in her life as I have always believed him to be an amazing person, the problem is only that he doesn't believe it himself. He has a niece and I think another in the meantime and was so great with her. I think part of his problem is that he always feels like a victim in his life, instead of just taking responsibility and ownership of his actions!

Why not try to get a hold of him and chat? She may be confused or scared can you convince him to go to councelling with you maybe for the sake of your baby? Tell him that you really dont want to cause him grief and can he come chat with you about all this maybe you two can come up with something together and CSA doesnt need to get involved more than they have too. Just a thought if you think he may come around eventually. I hope he does come around if you think he would be a good day maybe he will see that himself soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

He's been so adamant he wants nothing to do with us that I don't think I could ever say anything to convince him, but I'm always up for him making the first step! Ill give him a call this week and remind him and if he hasn't sent it by the end of the month ill contact legal aid and get things started.

Thanks
    Reviews

I wonder if he's not signing the birth certificate because he doesn't want to pay child support? Might need to remind him that you can get child support regardless of whether he's on there or not, just saves the hassle on both sides if he is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Leahmaree View Post
    I wonder if he's not signing the birth certificate because he doesn't want to pay child support? Might need to remind him that you can get child support regardless of whether he's on there or not, just saves the hassle on both sides if he is.
    isnt it expensive without the sig?

Thanks
    Reviews

Is what expensive? I have no idea as to the process of getting child support as I've decided not to ask for it. I assumed since the csa was a government body they wouldn't charge, I could be wrong though.