+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Child support question

I have a 10 week old baby girl whose father wants nothing to do with us. I spoke to him a few weeks after she was born and asked him to sign the birth certificate because if he didn't we'd end up in court and I didn't want that for myself or him. He kind of agreed to do it but so far, nothing. Anyone been through the court process that could tell me what I can expect and how much child support I'm looking to possibly collect and also if hell have to back pay me the child support to my daughters birth? TIA

Thanks
    Reviews

Havnt been there but I do know back pay is only from when register with child support so if you havnt contacted them and registered then there won't be back pay.
    Amount will go on his income, other children will also be considered if there are any.

Thanks
    Reviews

Bump

YMo7 is offline 37 week ultrasound of our baby girl
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

We recently needed the mother of my 13 yo step daughter to sign her birth certificate (when we found out she never registered her birth) which she wouldn't do... So when she organised a mediation to change court orders, we tool it with us and asked the mediator to get her to sign it. she felt pressured to do it in front of the authorities and wallahh - Maybe you could try something similar?

Thanks
    Reviews

Child support will be based on his income. You won't really know till you apply and they do their calculations and notify you I think.

I remember your name from the December due dates I think. My DD is 10 weeks today. Congrats on your DD and I wish you all the best

Thanks
    Reviews

Hehe thank you! Same to you

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Peaze For This Useful Post:

Lauzy83  (08-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Bunp

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bellapaigesmum View Post
    Havnt been there but I do know back pay is only from when register with child support so if you havnt contacted them and registered then there won't be back pay.
    Amount will go on his income, other children will also be considered if there are any.
    This!

You would have to call CSA and register with them. It would be back dated from when they started to request payments from him. Not from when she was born.
    On the centrelink site there is a calculator that you can estimate the amount of child support you would get. To do this though you would need to know his income and also any other children.

Try a mediation service to see if they can assist in helping him agree to being listed on the birth certificate. If he does not want to you will have to go to the Federal Magistrates Court and do it that way. This would involve mediation anyway. Call legal aid or a community legal centre and they can help you with the process

Other than that I agree with everything else posted here.

What other information are you after?

Thanks
    Reviews

The father of my child is not on her birth certificate, but he doesn't need to be for me to get child support. All you have to do is prove paternity, which I assumed the child support agency would help you with. I could be wrong though, I haven't had anything to do with them as I'm not asking for support.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know that you have not raised this in your OP, but if the father wants nothing to do with you and your child, and you can afford it, then I would not bother with claiming child support.

Too often I see cases where fathers get orders to spend time with a child simply because the mother went for child support and it causes years of stress for the child and the mother.