+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Ok I need advice on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by LoCo View Post
    When she wakes its the first thing she looks for. About an hour later she has breakfast (except this week) she then has another at about 11 then nothing until bed its the nights that are the problem I think. I try offer food first except for the first morning one and she just asks for milk. Is it a habit? I'm so terrible at this
    You are most definitely not terrible! Children don't come with a handbook! It's all trial and error. Poster before me has great tips!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lauzy83 For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (08-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    You are not terrible!!
    Let her see you pour the milk in her bottle in the morning and say oh it's empty then when she should have her day/afternoon ones say you ran out and just keep offering food and water? she will probably crack it but she will get over it , we just need to break the habit!
    Keep her morning and night ones ( only night after dinner) for the time being , you just need to get her appetite back - share your meals with her, offer a wide variety of food, keep snacks out that she can pick at during the day and don't offer milk as compensation for meals as its only making it worse
    Ok she asked for milk I said no milk and gave her lamb cutlets, corn and salad. She actually ate which I am so happy about but an hour later she wants milk. So if I give her a bottle after breaky and a bottle after dinner that's ok? Just drop the rest. What do I do at 3am just give water? Elijahsmum is there a limit on water? Or it's ok to drink 200ml at a time. This is what she drinks in one go sometimes.

You are so good at this I just wish I was like you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Yay for eating dinner!
    At her age 150 ml give or take milk morning and night is fine, try the water at night as I think it's more a comfort/ habit thing , plus if she eats a good dinner i doubt she will wake up hungry!
    my DS loves water and drinks probably 500 ml a day when I add it all up, I always keep his drink bottle with him/us at all times - they usually only will drink if thirsty , otherwise they just spit it out or play with it!

Also if she really wants milk during the day and she's not eating much try a smoothie - mix her goat milk with goat yogurt , berries, chia seeds and a few baby spinach leaves ( the berries keep it from going green!) that way she's getting a protein/iron/vitamin antioxidant hit!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Yay for eating dinner!
    At her age 150 ml give or take milk morning and night is fine, try the water at night as I think it's more a comfort/ habit thing , plus if she eats a good dinner i doubt she will wake up hungry!
    my DS loves water and drinks probably 500 ml a day when I add it all up, I always keep his drink bottle with him/us at all times - they usually only will drink if thirsty , otherwise they just spit it out or play with it!

Also if she really wants milk during the day and she's not eating much try a smoothie - mix her goat milk with goat yogurt , berries, chia seeds and a few baby spinach leaves ( the berries keep it from going green!) that way she's getting a protein/iron/vitamin antioxidant hit!
    Omg thank you so so much. You have saved my child again. I will do the smoothy that's a great idea.

Thanks
    Reviews

I feel so dumb but anyway thanks to you guys I have it sorted. This morning my milk addict was offered scrambled eggs, beans, fruit and water BEFORE milk and there you go she ate. Not alot but hey better than nothing at all. I then offered her milk and she refused it and went for the water bottle. I nearly cried I've been doing it all wrong. I say I offer milk first but really do I? I don't think I do all the time if I think back. I'm so happy she ate I will allow her 2 bottles if goat a day now. I was in such a zone I didn't even think! If it wasn't for bubhub I would be such a sh!t mother I swear. How would I have got all this? I have no one IRL to advise me. My family all said milk is good let her have 10 bottles a day

Thank you all. The next bub I'm going to be sooooo experienced

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Don't be so down on yourself op. I'm so glad she ate some dinner and breaky for you. I know how worrying it can be when they don't eat - and I've made the same mistake of replacing milk with food for DS because he wouldn't eat.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by decemberbubba View Post
    Don't be so down on yourself op. I'm so glad she ate some dinner and breaky for you. I know how worrying it can be when they don't eat - and I've made the same mistake of replacing milk with food for DS because he wouldn't eat.
    Thanks love.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's a huge learning curve! Don't be so hard on yourself, you are doing a great job. All these ladies on bh know what they are talking about because they have experienced these things all before. So pleased your LO is starting to get her appetite back

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Alimia For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (09-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by LoCo View Post
    I feel so dumb but anyway thanks to you guys I have it sorted. This morning my milk addict was offered scrambled eggs, beans, fruit and water BEFORE milk and there you go she ate. Not alot but hey better than nothing at all. I then offered her milk and she refused it and went for the water bottle. I nearly cried I've been doing it all wrong. I say I offer milk first but really do I? I don't think I do all the time if I think back. I'm so happy she ate I will allow her 2 bottles if goat a day now. I was in such a zone I didn't even think! If it wasn't for bubhub I would be such a sh!t mother I swear. How would I have got all this? I have no one IRL to advise me. My family all said milk is good let her have 10 bottles a day

Thank you all. The next bub I'm going to be sooooo experienced
    Yay for breakfast!!
    There is unfortunately no manual for kids! And if there was it would change weekly with all the new info! We only know more as pp said as we have been there done that or watched other people go through it!
    You are such a great mum for not only worrying but taking the time to learn and practice these things - you watch - this time next year you will be replying with words of wisdom to the new hubbers with problems feeding their kids! Xxx

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (09-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Thank you so so much girls. It's going well and she just ate lunch (real lunch) I'm so relieved she's eating again. It's nearly 3 and only 1 bottle of goat so far yay!