+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Yes, I did stop regular watching after the first couple of seasons. And I do find the cuteness/dagsville side of it funny London

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Glee.....Someone Explain How Its Loved.

Agreed I can't stand even watching the ads for it, it's so overdone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'd rather sit in a room and listen to my DP sing for hours on end instead of Glee. But having said that, I am not into musicals.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Glee.....Someone Explain How Its Loved.

I love it because 1. I used to be in all the music groups at school and would have LOVED to be able to sing/play current/popular music instead of the old timey classical and church stuff we had to do.
    2. I am a big musical fan and particularly love when they do songs from shows I love, and when they have huge broadway stars on like Idina Menzel and Kristen Chenowith

I am not loving it as much now that they are mostly out of school, the silliness and cheesiness was fine for a high school thing but now they are out in the "real world" the "oh that would NEVER happen" factor seems worse somehow.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to shelle65 For This Useful Post:

Purple Lily  (07-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    They butcher songs.

Also... looks like someone is proposing next week. Didn't that previously happen, did some OTHER high school student characters get engaged? Why are the writers all about making people want to get married before they're even done with high school?! Weird.

I don't like Glee, but strangely, I like watching The Glee Project.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The flashy hands, the cheesy fake smiles, the forced borderline fake singing that makes you cringe but everyone else things sounds wonderful. I was a nanny to a stage kid and it was hard. So watching Glee just reminds me of that time and I wasn't a fan of those personalities irl in usa.

I am also trained in music so it isn't that I don't understand music. I appreciate music, and even enjoy theater shows. Just not the generic glee club style where every song morphs into sounding the same and the talent feels forced and staged.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I actually think that the black girl character and the boy in the wheelchair can sing well... but they tend to make Rachel and... the stupid boy... Finn? Flynn? Whatever his name is, they make him and Rachel the stars... but the way they sing is super-fake and just... hideously cheesy and annoying!