+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    But yeah possibly unaffected blood mixed with medicine. The virus is airborne tho right? So he probably isn't immune to it anymore

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think if something was different about Rick his blood work would have shown it... Jenner said they all carried the disease.

Quote Originally Posted by Marepoppin View Post
    There is a virus (duh). You used to have to be bitten, now you just have to die as everyone is infected. Correct?
    Not quite. Initially the survivors thought you had to be bitten but they were mistaken. The bites cause infection which causes you to die, but death by any cause was always enough.

This is another aspect of the show that I love; nutting out the "science", figuring out if it's viable, picking holes where it's not

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Obviously there are some bodgy bits ie where are all the zombie dogs etc, why are there so many zombies at all seeing as at least to begin with, infection came from a bite. It's like everyone gets a little nip then escapes.

The everyone infected bit is as per 'news' 'deadline' etc series

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chew the Mintie View Post
    Obviously there are some bodgy bits ie where are all the zombie dogs etc, why are there so many zombies at all seeing as at least to begin with, infection came from a bite. It's like everyone gets a little nip then escapes.

The everyone infected bit is as per 'news' 'deadline' etc series
    Only humans carry the disease, and everyone who has died since "the event" has become a zombie, regardless of bites, unless they died due to head trauma.

I remember reading maths equations in the past, detailing how quickly such a thing would spread and, even when relying on bites to transmit, it's astoundingly quick because the growth is exponential. I think they figured it would take about a week to infect all of New York City.

I think it will be revealed that everyone was infected, biological warfare style, and then as people died (from natural causes, regular diseases, accidents) they started turning. Then the growth would have become more rapid, as the infection from bites added to the normal rate of death.
    Last edited by lambjam; 11-03-2013 at 18:07.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    One gap I found was in the first season on the highway where the black dude, forget his name cuts his arm open really bad while they are looking for Carol's daughter. They are looking thru the cars and there are all these dead people.... who aren't zombies. They hadn't been bitten, or they would have reanimated. And if they died of natural they would have reanimated as well....

6. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Zombie_eyes  (11-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah ok re humans only. I still don't believe that it is accurate re so many Zombies with one bite. For example carols daughter - why didn't the zombies eat her? It seems like people get bitten once then the Zombies stop (Morgan's wife is another).

You would enjoy world war z and also the news series. World war z was extremely cleverly written.

The news series (forget author) is great because it portrays what I think is a more realistic depiction of humans living in balance with the infection and the way life has adjusted ie blood tests every time you enter a building.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You are right delirium, i was sure there were loads of dead non zombies at the start.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    They hadn't been bitten, or they would have reanimated. And if they died of natural they would have reanimated as well....
    I assumed they died from head injuries, hence they couldn't reanimate

10. The Following User Says Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

saxonrose  (11-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    I assumed they died from head injuries, hence they couldn't reanimate
    hmmm true, didn't think of that.... all of them though? there were lots in the cars..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lambjam pls, stretching credulity!

I just figured the virus mutated to become airborne after initially being spread via fluids.

Also find it dubious how they can get sprayed etc without infection.