+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Can't stop crying - Low AMH

Hi

Just found out I have low AMH - 5 when it should be 14 - 30. I don't really understand what this means? Has anyone else got this? Were you able to get pregnant? What did you do? Am I infertile? Will I need to do IVF?

Please help!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashfirst View Post
    Hi

Just found out I have low AMH - 5 when it should be 14 - 30. I don't really understand what this means? Has anyone else got this? Were you able to get pregnant? What did you do? Am I infertile? Will I need to do IVF?

Please help!
    Hi Ashfirst, I am by no means any kind of an expert in this area, however, I found out last year that I had a low AMH of 5.7. I was so shocked and saddened. Basically the doctors told me it meant that I had a low egg reserve for my age (31) but did not mean that the eggs themselves would be of bad quality.

*Pregnancy mentioned*
    My husband and I decided that we would start on the TTC asap (we had not tried before we found out) so I stopped using the BCP, we both started taking supplements (elevit and menevit) and tried to 'healthy up' for three months before starting. As soon as we started trying we both gave up alcohol. I am delighted to let you know that I am currently almost 14 weeks with a little baby boy We fell pregnant on our second month of trying!!!

So your AMH level does not necessarily mean infertile

I really hope this helps you because I was already thinking IVF myself and was so scared when I found out. But my doctor thinks that one of the key reasons that we fell when we did was that we had just returned from an amazingly relaxing holiday and we were as unstressed as can be at the time so I guess my best advice would be to do your best to try not to stress (I know how hard this can be especially when you first find out!!)

All the best

B4B