+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Childcare centres in Stafford area - Nurseryland?

Hi all, this is my first post so I hope I am doing this right.I was looking at enrolling my DS at Nurseryland Stafford when he turns 1. It seems good to me but I read a lot of bad reviews from a few years back Does anyone have current feedback on this centre or knowledge what was so bad and recommendations on other centres in the Stafford area? Thank you for sharing your experiences!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to youngthings For This Useful Post:

Sabre  (17-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i have my god son going there and from what his mum tells me, she said its a bit old and worn.. and has no air con either, so the kids aren't exactly comfortable during the summer period. she said she wishes she could change but he's made friends there and seems happy so will leave him there.

i took my dd to chatterbox at mcdowall. highly recommend it, it's excellent. fully air cond, they provide nappies, sheets and meals and the carers have all been there for years. so as far as im concerned, if they have been there long term, then it must be a happy place.

best thing to do is ring up and ask for a look around at child care centres. you will know straight away if it does it for you or doesn't. go with your gut feeling.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Childcare centres in Stafford area - Nurseryland?

Definitely check out chatterbox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks a lot for taking the time to respond Minchi. I found it a little dated, too but the staff in the baby's room seemed great. It's a relief that it's "just" the age that's a concern and not anything worse.

In any case he is on wait list at another centre so hopefully we will get a place there early next year.

Chatterbox looks great but it's too far away with me travelling to work and dropping him off/picking him up.

Thank you again for your advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Minchi View Post
    i have my god son going there and from what his mum tells me, she said its a bit old and worn.. and has no air con either, so the kids aren't exactly comfortable during the summer period. she said she wishes she could change but he's made friends there and seems happy so will leave him there.

i took my dd to chatterbox at mcdowall. highly recommend it, it's excellent. fully air cond, they provide nappies, sheets and meals and the carers have all been there for years. so as far as im concerned, if they have been there long term, then it must be a happy place.

best thing to do is ring up and ask for a look around at child care centres. you will know straight away if it does it for you or doesn't. go with your gut feeling.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you flip flop it's a little out of the way unfortunately. does look nice tho.

I appreciate your post.

Quote Originally Posted by FlipFlop View Post
    Definitely check out chatterbox

Thanks
    Reviews
    I personally have my son in this childcare. Yes it is a little run down, however the it is such a personable, friendly place that I would not want him going anywhere else!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Nurserylan - Alderley

Hi Girls,
    Does anyone know anything about "Nurseryland Alderley"? They belong to the same owner as the Stafford, but would like some feedback about Alrderly. I plan on putting my 4 yo son in there kindy program. Comments/feedback, pls?!
    Thanks,
    Ana.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ana, I went to have a look at the Alderley one. It's bigger and newer - have a look at what you think of the vibe, if it fits with you and your little boy. I didn't look for what it's like for older kids.
    Last edited by youngthings; 11-04-2013 at 10:01.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi nztobne, thank you so much for your feedback. The personable character is exactly what I got and it's that vibe rather than that it's a little dated that made me enrol my DS.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by youngthings View Post
    Hi all, this is my first post so I hope I am doing this right.I was looking at enrolling my DS at Nurseryland Stafford when he turns 1. It seems good to me but I read a lot of bad reviews from a few years back Does anyone have current feedback on this centre or knowledge what was so bad and recommendations on other centres in the Stafford area? Thank you for sharing your experiences!
    PLEASE DO NOT ENROL YOUR CHILD IF YOU CARE AT ALL ABOUT THEIR WELFARE, HEALTH AND HAPPINESS! I worked at this centre for three days before quitting. The soap dispensers are empty and staff toilet, change and feed children without washing their hands. When I asked why the children didn't have toys placed out in an area the response was "They are pretty good at using their imagination! More like the staff are too lazy to pack them away. The children are not nurtured, and the staff manual actually tells you that you are basically a rent-a-cop, there too "patrol" the grounds. Not only would I never send my child there, it breaks my heart to know that ANY child is enrolled in such a disgraceful sham of a centre. Send your kids there if you want them to be sick and miserable only.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to notonurseryland For This Useful Post:

GlitterFarts  (14-01-2014)