Poll: Did you smoke while pregnant?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nope I am pregnant now and do not smoke and did not smoke prior. I would never knowingly put my baby in harms way and I find it very sad that others do.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Joeee For This Useful Post:

Renesme  (27-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No, but I ate a lot of junk food (especially processed food) while pregnant and suffered high anxiety which I'm sure would have put baby at risk for something.

Even though personally I wouldn't do it, I still feel like as an "imperfect" mother myself, I have no right to judge others for their choices.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RipperRita For This Useful Post:

MsViking  (11-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Can't vote as I'm on my phone.

Yes I smoked through both pregnancies with dd1 and dd2. I quit when I was 10 weeks pregnant with dd3 but started up again after almost 2 years stupidly and am currently 27 weeks pregnant with dd4 and smoking.

Me + he = dd1 (July 07), dd2 (July 10), dd3 (August 13), dd4 (due may 14)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I quit with both pregnancies and took it up again about six months later. I've become a heavier smoker since day was born and I'm at the stage where I really want to quit whereas before I still enjoyed it.

I didn't even have cravings while I was pregnant it's a shame I'm done with having kids because I know if I got pregnant again and stopped I wouldn't take it back up again

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have never smoked and never will. From a young age I have absolutely loathed it. I'm sad for those who don't try to at least cut down when pregnant.

I've lost a number of close family members to lung cancer. It's a habit that kills.

Well done to those who have...you rock and those or are trying to, please don't give up. You WILL get there!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to LouLaa For This Useful Post:

LaDiDah  (06-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No - I've never smoked.

For a different anecdote ... My Brother-In-Law's mother was advised to TAKE UP smoking by her OB/GYN! She'd never smoked before but he advised her it would lead to a smaller baby & easier labour. She smoked for years (& through her 2nd Preg) all on the advice of her Dr! He's certified genius level intellect although very short for the average guy & all our fam is over average height. We joke it was the cigarettes (maybe, maybe not)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    I was a heavy smoker when I fell pregnant. I quit the day I found out. My will power did wain some times and I had a few smokes while pregnant. I have only had 3 since giving birth

Thanks
    Reviews
    I quit as soon as i discovered i was pregnant. I still don't smoke now, unless I am out at an event and DS isn't with me, which is not often.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Serenity Love For This Useful Post:

jesssalee  (07-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I gradually cut down from smoking at least 15 cigarettes a day to quitting by time I was 3 months pregnant

14. The Following User Says Thank You to mylittlesurprise For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (05-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    A colleague smoked and drank through 2 pregnancies - both her children suffer extreme eczema and a long list of allergies including more than one anaphylaxis allergy for each child.

It is absolutely infuriating and heart breaking to see her kids suffering from something that 'may' be related to her having smoked and drank in pregnancy.