+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dissapointed with Cleaners

Hi,
    So I thought I would get some help as I have returned to full time work after being on maternity leave. A husband and wife team came to my house and did a real rubbish job of cleaning my 3 bedroom house. It cost $70 and to be honest for what they did it wasn't worth $50. They didn't even touch the kitchen stove/backsplash. Did a very poor job of vacuuming..I had to vacuum again as there was dead moth, hair, dirt everywhere. Didn't dust a lot of the furniture including my kids rooms. Bathroom was the worst the basin wasn't even cleaned properly. I had to call them and tell them I wasn't happy you didn't do this this and this and the guy said "rubbish" and hung up on me!
    So I have another one coming next week..not hopeful.
    Anyone know a good cleaner in the hills district?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had friends cleaning for us off & on. One was fantastic. She was a single mum who was studying and she was just the most thorough cleaner. Then she finished her course and started full time work. Eventually we asked another friend (also a student) to clean for us. She was ok. She did better if I wrote a specific list, but she still didn't move much stuff (eg. the towel rack) to clean/dust underneath. But, she wasn't a professional cleaner so I told myself I was expecting too much.

So, then we got a 'professional' cleaner at $75 a clean (minimum amount was 3 hours at $75 a fortnight) and I expected a lot. They were professionals after all & according to the company their staff 'love to do housework'. Well, the quality was very similar to my 2nd friend and at times worse. And the cleaner was a young mum who wouldn't come on school holidays including for 6 weeks over Christmas. The company can provide someone else in theory, but I don't want my cleaner to change around all the time especially as I was working full time at the time and not actually home to let the new cleaner know where the cleaning stuff was, etc.

So, I'm a bit burnt by the whole experience. I suggest going through an agency so if you don't like one cleaner they can offer you another one. Or ask around your friends for suggestions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jakesmom View Post
    Hi,
    So I thought I would get some help as I have returned to full time work after being on maternity leave. A husband and wife team came to my house and did a real rubbish job of cleaning my 3 bedroom house. It cost $70 and to be honest for what they did it wasn't worth $50. They didn't even touch the kitchen stove/backsplash. Did a very poor job of vacuuming..I had to vacuum again as there was dead moth, hair, dirt everywhere. Didn't dust a lot of the furniture including my kids rooms. Bathroom was the worst the basin wasn't even cleaned properly. I had to call them and tell them I wasn't happy you didn't do this this and this and the guy said "rubbish" and hung up on me!
    So I have another one coming next week..not hopeful.
    Anyone know a good cleaner in the hills district?
    $70? **** that's cheap... you get what you pay for

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Dissapointed with Cleaners

Quote Originally Posted by Renesme View Post
    $70? **** that's cheap... you get what you pay for
    That's no true at all. My cleaner only charges $15 an hour and has my house cleaned absolutely spotless in 3 hours. So $45 for a spotless house every week.

She does everything too! She sometimes even puts a casserole on for us, she's adorable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Dissapointed with Cleaners

Call some local real estate agents and see who they recommend :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub