+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week

Default Things you have no interest in that other people seem to love...

Glee and Revenge
    Animals/Pets
    LOTR
    Environmental issues
    Cars
    The Project
    Twilight/50 Shades
    The Hangover
    Ryan Gosling, Channing Tatum
    Anything Kardashian
    Neon clothing
    Top 40

Probably more, but they're my main ones...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

jagamoe  (07-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post
    Hair straightening. My hair's wavy and I can't be bothered to straighten it. The hairdresser does it every now and again, but I still reckon it looks better with it's natural waves. I think most people suit a bit of body in their hair more than the 'flat' look.
    I think you would quickly regret this if you saw my natural hair - FRIZZ galore!!! Lol. If I had lovely hair I would never touch it

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by moosey View Post
    A Current Affair
    Today Tonight

i think these shows can be so cruel. Also, the News in general. I think they blow up so many stories to suit their own needs. It makes me sick how the ruin so many people's lives in order to make s story interesting.

Sunrise and the Today Show are in this category too. That whole Koshy breastfeeding story, all publicity. Makes me sick!!
    Totally agree. I'm also including sport and sporting shows, particularly where the ex-sportspeople are now presenters. Blah blah blah

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I think natural often looks best for many people too. At least not completely fighting what they naturally have anyway.

As I said, mine's naturally straight, so even when it was long (I cut it because it thinned a lot after my op), it would taken only a few minutes to straighten because all it was, was me neatening it a little... not going from curls to straight! Cos yeah, stuff that. That takes WAY too long! lol.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (07-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    I think you would quickly regret this if you saw my natural hair - FRIZZ galore!!! Lol. If I had lovely hair I would never touch it
    Ooh definitely not trying to make out mine is perfect either! Just that I think people have got so used to 'straight' being 'normal' that often they think their natural hair isn't nice, when quite often it's lovely.

There's a magazine advert that I never understand, for some straightening product. On the left is a woman with her 'natural' hair - long and quite full of volume. On the right is her after using the product, and her hair is sleek and flat. Both DH and I prefer her on the left!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    My hair cannot work out its mind between wavy and straight, so it just kind of 'kinks'. It looks lovely...when wet! I couldn't put members of the public through my frizzy mess. I can say with all honesty I have to either straighten OR curl my hair to make me even look semi-presentable. Believe me, I'm so not worried about my looks it's not funny but I can't humiliate myself. GHD is my friend!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post
    There's a magazine advert that I never understand, for some straightening product. On the left is a woman with her 'natural' hair - long and quite full of volume. On the right is her after using the product, and her hair is sleek and flat. Both DH and I prefer her on the left!
    Oh yes, I know that one and agree I think *dead* straight looks ok on some going for a night on the town.. if I had a choice I would be au natural all the way because, like you, I prefer a bit of volume.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Re: Things you have no interest in that other people seem to love...

I am with shelle. Weddings. Every time I'm invited to a wedding my heart sinks a little. Overblown, self indulgent, pain in the backside affairs. If you're not getting married in your backyard and i can't rock up 40 mins late then leave an hour later coz my kids are going nuts, then I'm not going to jump for joy for you, sorry.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

Benji  (07-02-2013),jagamoe  (07-02-2013),RainbowSky  (07-02-2013),shelle65  (07-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Bali
    It is only for flying OVER on your way to better places.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    For me:
    Glee
    MKR
    Masterchef
    50 Shades of Grey

thats all i can think of for now