Closed Thread
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption

Default 'I knew it was wrong': Chrissie Swan admits to smoking while pregnant

Also the fact that nine an then had a poll attached to the article "is it ok to confront a pregnant woman when smoking" I mean are you kidding? I found that poll disgusting and very inappropriate

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bpac For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (07-02-2013),cluckcluck  (07-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: 'I knew it was wrong': Chrissie Swan admits to smoking while pregnant

I like her but I don't think she's brave. She's fessing up because she was caught. I hate "celebrity" and the public ownership it brings. But I do think she's brave being in public spotlight in the first place!

But. I did find it interesting that she smoked in the car. Would've that'd be the worst place if you're trying to hide it. And ew. It's illegal to smoke with kids in the car but yukky when I see smoking even with empty baby seats.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cat21 For This Useful Post:

Ashfirst  (07-02-2013),Eko  (07-02-2013),rainieheart  (06-02-2013)

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Look I couldn't care less what she does tbh but she's a celebrity and has sought that out. It annoys me when celebrities want publicity, seek publicity and then when it's not all their way we feel sorry for them. ).
    To an extent I agree with you but I do think that if you are in the public eye and it comes to being in your home, or on your phone (someone had their phone tapped recently, can't think who) or in your car (as was Chrissie) or at your private villa (a la Kate) then it should be hands off for the paparazzi

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: 'I knew it was wrong': Chrissie Swan admits to smoking while pregnant

Quote Originally Posted by bpac View Post
    Also the fact that nine an then had a poll attached to the article "is it ok to confront a pregnant woman when smoking" I mean are you kidding? I found that poll disgusting and very inappropriate
    Wrong. Here comes the lynch mob for any pregnant woman who
    Has a drink
    A smoke
    A burger
    A soft drink

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cat21 For This Useful Post:

bpac  (06-02-2013)

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    A stranger or a friend/family member you want to quit? Ive seen many threads over the years of people asking how to speak to a family member or friend about their 'damaging' behaviour etc. and that would be considered confronting them.

Quote Originally Posted by biscotti View Post
    To an extent I agree with you but I do think that if you are in the public eye and it comes to being in your home, or on your phone (someone had their phone tapped recently, can't think who) or in your car (as was Chrissie) or at your private villa (a la Kate) then it should be hands off for the paparazzi
    In your car isnt private. Tapping phones and the whole Princess Kate thing are both totally wrong...but a car? Its surrounded by see-thru windows, its hardly an invisibility cloak.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cat21 View Post
    Wrong. Here comes the lynch mob for any pregnant woman who
    Has a drink
    A smoke
    A burger
    A soft drink
    Not everyone sees drinking a fanta and smoking a cigarette while pregnant on the same level... Just saying.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

Amiedoll  (07-02-2013),Guest654  (07-02-2013),Mod-Degrassi  (07-02-2013),peanutmonkey  (06-02-2013),Shoopuf  (07-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Smoking while pregnant is disgusting.

There was also that contraversy with Chrissie being surprised at her oldest child being overweight because he ate 'too many bananas.'

I don't know what to think. One part of me wants to say "...ahhh... You are overweight and obviously have NO idea about health issues." The other part wants to say "But Chrissie seems like such a warm and incredibly loving person."

The private reality doesn't match the public persona. Confused.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

"Disgusting and inappropriate" ... They are phrases that could be directed towards women that smoke when pregnant...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Bohobaby  (07-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I love Chrissie Swan, and I am so angry and saddened on her behalf.

She is not committing a crime. Smoking while pregnant is not illegal. . She is a woman, who smoked while pregnant... as NUMEROUS other women in Australia do every single day.

I think it's disgusting that she was shamed and that she felt like she had to make a statement about it, apologise for it and have it all over the TV and news.

I don't think smoking while pregnant is a good idea - but you know what? We all do things that others think are dangerous while pregnant. We are none of us infallible. She smoked. Big effing whoop. Leave her alone.

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

beebs  (07-02-2013),Bubbles10  (07-02-2013),headoverfeet  (07-02-2013),meljemillie  (07-02-2013),Roopee  (07-02-2013),swizzlestick  (07-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    Not everyone sees drinking a fanta and smoking a cigarette while pregnant on the same level... Just saying.
    Not what I meant.