Closed Thread
Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: 'I knew it was wrong': Chrissie Swan admits to smoking while pregnant

Quote Originally Posted by Hokey Pokey View Post
    FFS, can we quit the *****ing now

Sent from my GT540 using BubHub

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Here, I'll help you all out. Unsubscribing

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

Hokey Pokey  (07-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I dont smoke and i hate it around my kids. However my mother smoked during her whole pregnancy with me (and bottlefed me) and i have never suffered from asthma or had any health problems whatsoever. In fact the first and only times i have ever been in hospital were the times i had my children. I did all the right things with my two pregnancies... didnt smoke, touch alcohol and avioded all high risk foods and yet my babies both ended up being allergy kids...
    My mother still smokes and we have had countless fights over the years over her inability to give up. I smoked for a few years in high school and just before i got pregnant and never had any issues giving it up so I find it difficult to understand how hard she finds it. But I know that she is a strong woman and for her to be unable to give up even though she has tried countless times, her addiction must be exceedingly strong and beyond anything i have experienced or can understand.
    Personally I find pregnant woman smoking very distasteful but i would never judge or shame a woman that does it.. I think that is far more disgusting and distasteful to shame an obviously loving pregnant woman or mother.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to RipperRita For This Useful Post:

beebs  (07-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 'I knew it was wrong': Chrissie Swan admits to smoking while pregnant

Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    I'm sorry, what?! VicPark tried to defend you, I responded to her post.

It's not like you weren't here to see it.

Please
    I'm not saying anything bad about VicPark, I'm saying you can talk to me, not about me.
    We can go another round if you want cause I've got time to kill otherwise move on and give someone else a turn

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Someones Mummy View Post
    I'm not saying anything bad about VicPark, I'm saying you can talk to me, not about me.
    We can go another round if you want cause I've got time to kill otherwise move on and give someone else a turn

Trollolollllll

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jakois For This Useful Post:

beebs  (07-02-2013),SassyMummy  (07-02-2013),~ElectricPink~  (07-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jakois View Post

Trollolollllll
    See, then I get blamed for causing arguments.
    I'm not a troll.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I totally get what you are saying now that you explained it. Thanks for clarifying. Didn't mean to sound harsh, just can't believe how judgemental this thread is.

I mean, another someone else was just *****ing about how they felt judged about another thing and then went on to judge someone else.

This thread for me is about judging, not about smoking, controlled crying or eating ham sammos, it is about judging. Why can't we all stop *****ing about one another (this is not aimed at you Eko)

Quote Originally Posted by Eko View Post
    I apologise, I didn't realise that 'to me' didn't necessarily indicate what I meant to some people. I didn't mean 'relevant to my particular experience or my existence as a human being' . I just meant that I felt her feeling guilty about what she was doing didn't impact my opinion of the situation.

I meant "In my opinion the fact that she feels guilty is irrelevant as she was effectively forced to come forward". I don't have any particularly judgmental feelings towards her in regards to her smoking. I was a smoker myself for a long time so I know the struggles she faces. I won't judge her one way or another on that matter because cigarette addiction is a physical thing that can be difficult to control.

What I was judging is that she admitted that she hid what she was doing from her family and friends. I was judging her lack of integrity towards her own family. I couldn't give a flying fruitbats about whether or not she was honest with the public, it's none of our business. But she admitted that she intentionally hid her actions from those closest to her and that tells me a lot more about her as a person than her actions in relation to a chemical addiction.

As for who cares... The OP I assume, as she asked for thoughts and opinions? If you don't like or agree with my opinion that's fine, but "Who cares?" is a bit harsh given that it's a public forum where the opinion of other members of the public was asked .

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm not a troll.
    You've just told someone not to quote you and address you directly but in the same breath told them not to talk to someone else (who was supporting you) and address you directly instead.

It's confusing.

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm not a troll.
    Sorry, but you come along into a lot of threads and deliberately spark up arguments, then use the bullying line and have it closed down. That smells like trolling kind of activity.

No doubt this one will get shut down to. Shame really.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jakois For This Useful Post:

beebs  (07-02-2013),ChickyBee  (07-02-2013),MissMuppet  (07-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I read this story the first thing that sprang to mind was how awful to have someone deliberately snap a humiliating photo of you and then sell it and profit off your humiliation and misery. That seems like a massive invasion of privacy to me. Legal, sure, but ethical? Surely not.

If someone followed me waiting to catch me at my worst in order to take a photo to publish I'd be a nervous wreck.

I think the paparazzi industry is abhorrent. How could you stand in front of a woman begging you not to publish the photo you took of them and say, sorry it'll sell to highest bidder? Your pain is my gain. Awful.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MissMuppet For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (07-02-2013),beebs  (07-02-2013),Benji  (07-02-2013),bpac  (07-02-2013),SassyMummy  (07-02-2013)