Closed Thread
Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default 'I knew it was wrong': Chrissie Swan admits to smoking while pregnant

Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Clearly a lot of people love her. I'm just not one of them.
    Yeh can understand. I feel the same about lots of other TV/ radio people and don't get what all the fuss is about .

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have to add that I really don't get the "Crucify Chrissie" attitude. I don't really know anything about who she is apart from what her own actions show. I felt sorry for her when everyone started up that size related bash on her kids but I know I don't like people who actively try to hide things from the people closest to them so perhaps that's why I'm not particularly sympathetic towards her heh.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Eko For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (07-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Clearly a lot of people love her. I'm just not one of them.
    agree. i tried and tried to watch the Circle with her on it. bored me to bits.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default 'I knew it was wrong': Chrissie Swan admits to smoking while pregnant

Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    Someones Mummy... Let's pretend we all know the dangers of smoking, let's pretend we all agree it is far preferable not to smoke while pregnant.

What is it you would then actually want from our discussion? You've said you have no interest in forcing Chrissie Swan or any other woman to quit. So... What? Do you just want to publicly discuss how terrible she is?
    What's the point of anyone (yourself included) giving their thoughts in this thread? Chrissie is not on BH (well mods said she wasn't after the previous scandal) so its not as if she will learn from our wisdom.

What is the pro-Chrissie movement hoping to accomplish? What is the smoking while preggers is disgusting movement hoping to accomplish?

A big fat nothing! Both sides are just voicing their opinions because this is a platform to voice opinions. Neither side is going to save the world

6. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Someones Mummy  (07-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Eko View Post
    I have to add that I really don't get the "Crucify Chrissie" attitude. I don't really know anything about who she is apart from what her own actions show. I felt sorry for her when everyone started up that size related bash on her kids but I know I don't like people who actively try to hide things from the people closest to them so perhaps that's why I'm not particularly sympathetic towards her heh.
    Yep I get what you are coming from. But I suspect the reaction from the public is the exact reason she was scared to tell her partner and family. She was scared of being judged. She shouldn't have hidden it, but feelings of guilt and hiding are part of addiction. Not saying it's right, just adding some context to it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

beebs  (07-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    I find it so frustrating for people to say "its nothing to stop Its only nine months" it might be nothing for some but it is huge, hard, stressful, embarrassing, and so many other things for some people.

To those who did it, my hat goes of too you. Please, to the people who say that its "Nothing to give things up for your unborn child" it doesnt help and it makes the people who are struggling so hard feel even worse. What they (i needed) is encouragement and not to be reminded.about how horrible they are treating their unborn child. I can guarantee you, they do not need any further guilt.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bpac For This Useful Post:

beebs  (07-02-2013),~ElectricPink~  (07-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    What's the point of anyone (yourself included) giving their thoughts in this thread? Chrissie is not on BH (well mods said she wasn't after the previous scandal) so its not as if she will learn from our wisdom.

What is the pro-Chrissie movement hoping to accomplish? What is the smoking while preggers is disgusting movement hoping to accomplish?

A big fat nothing! Both sides are just voicing their opinions because this is a platform to voice opinions. Neither side is going to save the world
    I think it's just a discussion

12. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

beebs  (07-02-2013)

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post

I don't condone smoking whilst pregnant but we all have sh1tty parenting moments, to deny this means you're either lying or you're only new to parenting. I've yelled at my kids above and beyond at times, I had wine when pregnant, my kids are currently parked in front of the telly, etc. The difference is that because I am not a celebrity my sh1tty mummy moments aren't snapped up by the paparazzi and make headlines. I can only imagine it is completely humiliating and probably the lowest point in your life when this happens. To rub salt into the wound there's now a bunch of other mothers forming a queue to further condemn her.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

beebs  (07-02-2013),Benji  (07-02-2013),delirium  (07-02-2013),jellybeanicecream  (07-02-2013),SassyMummy  (07-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh dear. Here we go *big breath*.

I don't agree with the "my body my choice" argument.
    At all.
    I think it's a selfish mantra as well as an inaccurate one.
    From the moment you conceive your body is shared.
    When a life grows inside you means that it's also someone else's body too.
    I notice that this society often shuns this notion.
    Because, of course, it's all about me, me and me.
    But by virtue of the way they exist, an unborn baby does not have an outlet by which to express their choices so those choices are left for you to make on their behalf.
    (In some areas of our society they are not considered human until born.
    And we all know that that's not true, don't we?) So.
    If you don't understand or like that concept or don't want it then don't have babies.

I say this as a mother and a former smoker, not as a Judge.
    Last edited by happy wanderer; 07-02-2013 at 16:26. Reason: typo

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to happy wanderer For This Useful Post:

Jellyfishie  (07-02-2013),lisa6111  (08-02-2013),lovesushi  (09-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I'm unsure what you don't understand. You said:

I said in response to that since you were talking directly to LJ:
    I was talking to LJ, she asked me a question and it was in response to that. It wasn't about her, it was what other people were saying.

Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    Someones Mummy, thanks for replying to me. Unfortunately I still dont understand how I was putting words in your mouth....Im not sure if maybe you were saying 'you' to me and meaning Benji or someone else or something? Im kind of confused by a few of your posts but its alll good.
    Yeah I re-read it and I'm confused myself I think I was talking about what Benji was saying because she assumed I said 'all babies are born unhealthy when you smoke' which is not what I was saying hence putting words in my mouth. I was talking about what each cigaretter does to your body and baby, she didn't want to know and I felt some were denying any effects. It all started with listeria comments and saying its the same, but imo its not because every cigarette is doing damage, there is no 'maybe' its cutting oxygen to the baby, it is.
    I guess you need to read my posts in sequence, people quoting me and me answering them, then I'll make sense. Picking out a sentence makes no sense to the whole post and who it refers to.

Quote Originally Posted by MummaJez View Post
    Mmmm ham swich. I could go one right now... Only 29 weeks to go lol
    Eat one! I used to fry the ham first, yum!