Closed Thread
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 'I knew it was wrong': Chrissie Swan admits to smoking while pregnant

Brave woman to admit that.

She knew it was wrong but obviously her addiction was stronger than her logically thought process.

Will her admission mean that women will think its okay since she admitted it?

Thanks
    Reviews

A magazine has photos of her smoking that they're going to/have published so she felt like she had to say something.

I've never been a smoker so I can't understand the addiction side of it, I've recently had a miscarriage so I'm naturally a little ****ed that people do things to put there baby at risk while I did everything by the book and lost ours. Having said that, she's obviously going through a lot of pain and hurt over it, is a great mum to her children and is being very brave by speaking about it.

strawberry swing is offline not so patiently waiting for the 1st of july!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I don't condone smoking whilst pregnant, I'm a non smoker. But she's human... I tried hard to give up diet coke whilst pregnant, and I didn't drink a drop until 26 weeks, mostly to get my baby to move because she was abnormally quiet, but because I also missed the drink itself. I had one can a day after that.

She needs to be left alone. I'd hate to think what this stress is doing to her bubba

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    When should those of us who smoked while pregnant expect the journo to come do our interviews?
    I dont understand how this is 'news'.

5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

BbBbBh  (06-02-2013),beebs  (07-02-2013),Crazyfamily  (07-02-2013),HugsBunny  (06-02-2013),meljemillie  (06-02-2013),PomPoms  (06-02-2013),PR2bMum  (06-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

I just feel for her. Poor woman.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: 'I knew it was wrong': Chrissie Swan admits to smoking while pregnant

I feel bad for her.she isn't nor will she be the last woman to have a smoke whilst pregnant.why can't they just leave her alone??surely there are more important news worthy stories in the world

Sent from my GT-S5570 using BubHub

8. The Following User Says Thank You to meljemillie For This Useful Post:

PomPoms  (06-02-2013)

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Here are my thoughts -

None of us are perfect parents or parents to be. None.
    We have all done things, eaten thngs, drank things or said things and for most of us, we have all said to ourselves later, "damn, I could have done that better".

But for most of us, our stuff ups are done out of the public eye and known only to ourselves and so for that I feel desperately sorry for her. Having to plead with a paparazzi to not sell the photo - I can just imagine the desperation she would have felt

I'm not a smoker, but I did have a couple of glasses of champagne during my pregnancies. I can see the headline now - "biscotti admits to drinking during pregnancy" .....except it wouldn't make the news

So I feel for her and wish her, her family and her new bub, all the very best

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mod-biscotti For This Useful Post:

Alicia92  (07-02-2013),atomicmama  (07-02-2013),beebs  (07-02-2013),bpac  (06-02-2013),cluckcluck  (07-02-2013),HugsBunny  (06-02-2013),PomPoms  (06-02-2013),waitinghoping  (06-02-2013),~Marigold~  (07-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I feel so bad for her. Id love to meet someone who has never ever consumed or done anything that "shouldnt" be done during pregnancy. My hat goes off to them, but my gut says that no-one is perfect. Yes, she knows it was wrong but addiction can be so powerful. I gave up smoking just before getting utd with DD, it was the hardest thing ever. Took me many, many attempts to finally ditch the smokes for good.

I think what she did today was very brave. Would have been so difficult to cop all the backlash.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to waitinghoping For This Useful Post:

Alicia92  (07-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Look I couldn't care less what she does tbh but she's a celebrity and has sought that out. It annoys me when celebrities want publicity, seek publicity and then when it's not all their way we feel sorry for them.

No one would make a headline about us because we're not famous, nor do we want to be.

Personally I'm a bit over her (nail me to a stake now).

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

GirlsRock  (06-02-2013),MrJones&Me  (07-02-2013),RobinSparkles  (06-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption

I was so horrified to hear this. I feel so bad for her.
    Yes I smoked when I was pregnant. I hated the fact that I was doing it, I was and still am disgusted in myself and so ashamed. I tried so hard not to but failed.
    For her to be so humiliated to the nation and the world my heart goes out to her as I bet she feels 10000x worse then I did.
    The added stress this would have given her must be awful and what she does not need right now.
    I still like and respect her that will not change in fact it has probably cemented it as I am so proud of her bravery

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bpac For This Useful Post:

beebs  (07-02-2013),Lauzy83  (07-02-2013)