Closed Thread
Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default 'I knew it was wrong': Chrissie Swan admits to smoking while pregnant

During pregnancy there is some advice I follow and some I don't. These are my choices.

My choices.

The day we start taking away a woman's choices as they pertain to her body is the day we head down a slippery, slippery slope.

Careful now.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

beebs  (07-02-2013),Benji  (07-02-2013),SassyMummy  (07-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying that it appears to be a trend with Chrissie: making what some people would consider to be basic and easily preventable mistakes.

She is overweight, she didn't realise her 4 year old was overweight until she took him to preschool and saw other kids. An accidental pregnancy. Smoking. Smoking while pregnant.

She's absolutely a kind hearted person who is honest and genuine. But come on. Time for some personal strength, responsibility and good decisions if she wants to maintain a good public image.
    You're very articulate this morning VicPark. I keep going to post things and finding you have already said it. Don't want you to get a big head so I won't keep thanking you too much

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellyfishie View Post
    Well that's not entirely true is it bpac, a few pages back you've quoted me and had a direct dig at me saying 'thanks for kicking me while I'm down'. Despite the fact that my comment was about Chrissie Swan, in a thread specifically about Chrissie Swan. So unless unless you are actually Chrissie Swan then my post had nothing or do with you. Making out like I'm having a personal go at you is clearly designed to set me up as a bish.
    Not cool.
    I am sorry you think that. At the time i read it, i did take it personally. I was very open and honest about the fact that i smoked i admitted it in my first post. To put smoking in the same category as crack and the way you wrote it, i am sorry but it did make me feel like it was aimed at me.
    After reading your post above I was wrong i am sorry but it is how i feel when i read that particular post.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: 'I knew it was wrong': Chrissie Swan admits to smoking while pregnant

Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying that it appears to be a trend with Chrissie: making what some people would consider to be basic and easily preventable mistakes.

She is overweight, she didn't realise her 4 year old was overweight until she took him to preschool and saw other kids. An accidental pregnancy. Smoking. Smoking while pregnant.

She's absolutely a kind hearted person who is honest and genuine. But come on. Time for some personal strength, responsibility and good decisions if she wants to maintain a good public image.
    You were doubting that her pregnancy was a surprise.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    "Only 9 months," doesn't make sense to me. Lots of people can't even last on diets for 9 months.
    I don't last 9 days on a diet.

Don't give a fig what Chrissie chooses to do. Agree with Benji (as always).

7. The Following User Says Thank You to shelle65 For This Useful Post:

Benji  (07-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by CuddlesAwait View Post
    Nope! I didn't have to. My DD has whinged for 10 minutes and fallen asleep after. So no harm done there. I don't disagree with it though, but if my DD cries an emotional cry, I have and I will always go to her!

PLUS there are many psychologist and medical practitioners who say there's no physical damage caused by CC but pretty much ever medical practitioner knows for sure that smoking whilst pregnant is harmful, two different things. You are comparing apples with oranges.
    There are also some that say going cold turkey during preg can cause the baby to go through the same issues as the mother .... The same with drug users they ween the mother off the drug or substance because the baby can be harmed by going cold turkey .... And also many medical professional equate cc with emotional stress and can make children have separation anxiety from a young age I've never come across a doc that says to cc they all say a child cries from a reason ESP at the early ages when they can't communicate

Thanks
    Reviews

The poor bugger, the stress she is under now if probably causing more harm to her bub than the sneaky fag she had

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mokeybear For This Useful Post:

beebs  (07-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

I feel for her because the media have 'made an example' of her and people have attacked her.

I'm not a smoker and I hey the thought of anyone smoking while pregnant. It makes me sick. My mum smoked while pregnant with me and it upsets me as I had no choice, HOWEVER, I also understand that it's an addiction and for some people it's extremely difficult to give up.

I try not to think about it. As humans, we all do things that other people don't agree with.

I think it's unfair of the media to be attacking her like this because thousands of other mothers do this as well, and WORSE! She is being singled out and that is very unfair.

There should be more help and support for people suffering addiction

Thanks
    Reviews
    Why are people suprised when they fall pregnant? You know how babies are conceived.

Plus she has children and has quit before, so the decision to smoke again was totally on her.
    Smoking doesn't compare to anything, so why people are comparing it to soft cheese is beyond me.
    This is not a guilty pleasure, she was sneaking around about it, no one in her family or work colleagues knew or would have known had she not been caught. I know she's not a spokesperson for anything like weight loss campaigns or quit smoking ads, but I think the way she tried to buy the photos back and kept it from her family makes it somewhat worse.
    No one is perfect, but when it comes to smoking society shouldn't condone it. She's not a victim so she shouldn't be treated like one.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Someones Mummy For This Useful Post:

lisa6111  (07-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Um... I've had sex for the past 7.5 years without falling pregnant once, or planning to fall pregnant either. If I fell pregnant NOW I would be surprised, not because I'm a moron who doesn't know that sex can result in pregnancy, just because I'm on the pill and take it properly, am having uterine issues that I'm being tested for, and am not trying to fall pregnant.

Should women just assume pregnancy until proven otherwise? Should we all be running out to pee on sticks before we have a drink?

That seems to be almost where some of you are heading with this... because I'm not sure what really links being surprised to discover you're pregnant and smoking while pregnant, unless it's that you shouldn't be smoking just in case you're pregnant, because you're a woman who's having sex, and since sex can result in pregnancy, you're a selfish b*tch if you even consider lighting up when there's a possibility you're pregnant, even if you're not trying for a baby and may even be trying to AVOID pregnancy...

Sometimes I wonder if people even read what they're writing... or if they're really just that ignorant.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (07-02-2013),beebs  (07-02-2013)