Closed Thread
Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default 'I knew it was wrong': Chrissie Swan admits to smoking while pregnant

Quote Originally Posted by darla87 View Post
    This was a "suprise" baby. Chrissie didn't have the chance to quit before conception.
    Yet another woman who slipped in the shower and miraculously fell pregnant as a result....

2. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

almai  (07-02-2013)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Re: Tearful Chrissie Swan admits she hasn't been able to quit smoking while pregnant

Quote Originally Posted by CuddlesAwait View Post
    I am by no means a perfect mum but I've never willingly done or continued to do something that could physically harm my baby - there's a difference in my book.

Yes she is being criticised more as she's in the public eye, but unfortunately that's the price you pay for your celebrity and let's face it the media doesn't have enough time to report on every 'layperson' who puts their children's physical well being and health behind their own need to light up (whether once daily or a packet a day) or drink to excess during pregnancy.
    Didn't you do controlled crying? Many health professionals believe that is harmful to your baby. Down you come from that high horse.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

meljemillie  (07-02-2013),peanutmonkey  (07-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I think it's an issue between her and her husband and that's it. It's awful that she ( or anybody ) is shamed in such a public way.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mokeybear For This Useful Post:

beebs  (07-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Tearful Chrissie Swan admits she hasn't been able to quit smoking while pregnant

Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    Didn't you do controlled crying? Many health professionals believe that is harmful to your baby. Down you come from that high horse.
    Nope! I didn't have to. My DD has whinged for 10 minutes and fallen asleep after. So no harm done there. I don't disagree with it though, but if my DD cries an emotional cry, I have and I will always go to her!

PLUS there are many psychologist and medical practitioners who say there's no physical damage caused by CC but pretty much ever medical practitioner knows for sure that smoking whilst pregnant is harmful, two different things. You are comparing apples with oranges.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    "Only 9 months," doesn't make sense to me. Lots of people can't even last on diets for 9 months.

Thanks
    Reviews

I absolutely hate smoking period. I think it's a revolting addiction.

As longs as its not affecting me (don't smoke near me or I'll be ****ed ) I don't give a cr@p what another person chooses to do with their bodies. Why does anyone else care? She's not a fool, she knows the risks, she's an adult with an addiction.
    It's a shame she couldn't quit but at least she tried.

Pregnant or not I don't like smoking but as long at their not lighting up near me or my kid, their life..

10. The Following User Says Thank You to waterlily For This Useful Post:

Barnaby  (11-02-2016)

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    As there are a couple of threads about Chrissie and her confession here, I'll merge.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: 'I knew it was wrong': Chrissie Swan admits to smoking while pregnant

Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Yet another woman who slipped in the shower and miraculously fell pregnant as a result....
    So from the moment that you're sexually active you should not drink alcohol, smoke cigarettes, do drugs, eat deli meat, pre prepared salads, soft cheeses and a million other foods, not enage in extreme sports, etc. because sex means you're planning for a baby?

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

beebs  (07-02-2013),Lincolns mummy  (07-02-2013),SassyMummy  (07-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    IKR?

What an idiot for thinking that as an adult women she has the right to enjoy sex for pleasure, rather than procreation.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (07-02-2013),beebs  (07-02-2013),Lincolns mummy  (07-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    So from the moment that you're sexually active you should not drink alcohol, smoke cigarettes, do drugs, eat deli meat, pre prepared salads, soft cheeses and a million other foods, not enage in extreme sports, etc. because sex means you're planning for a baby?
    I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying that it appears to be a trend with Chrissie: making what some people would consider to be basic and easily preventable mistakes.

She is overweight, she didn't realise her 4 year old was overweight until she took him to preschool and saw other kids. An accidental pregnancy. Smoking. Smoking while pregnant.

She's absolutely a kind hearted person who is honest and genuine. But come on. Time for some personal strength, responsibility and good decisions if she wants to maintain a good public image.