Closed Thread
Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Tearful Chrissie Swan admits she hasn't been able to quit smoking while pregnant

Have your actually listened to the clip of her when she came clean .... God cut the woman some slack she admitted several times she is in no way perfect and I highly doubt you are ... There is not One woman I can think of that does and avoids everything they should..... She is getting criticised more than others purely for the fact that she is in the public eye several woman called in to their segment saying the same thing that they caved and snuck the odd one or two here and there she also mentioned that she had had a great deal of stress over the passed 6 month and NEVER once did she smoke in front of her kids or her parter even her co anchor had no idea ..... Let they with out sin cast the first stone ... I highly doubt your ms perfect so get of the high horse

2. The Following User Says Thank You to angelis13 For This Useful Post:

beebs  (07-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default 'I knew it was wrong': Chrissie Swan admits to smoking while pregnant

I don't smoke so I don't understand the addiction.

I think it's selfish to smoke whilst pregnant, that's my personal view. But as I said I don't understand how hard it would be to quit.

Either way, I feel sorry for her. Seems like there is a bit of a witch hunt out on her now. I'm sure she doesnt intentionally do things to harm her child. The media is being really tough on her and it's very unfair.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Tearful Chrissie Swan admits she hasn't been able to quit smoking while pregnant

Quote Originally Posted by angelis13 View Post
    Have your actually listened to the clip of her when she came clean .... God cut the woman some slack she admitted several times she is in no way perfect and I highly doubt you are ... There is not One woman I can think of that does and avoids everything they should..... She is getting criticised more than others purely for the fact that she is in the public eye several woman called in to their segment saying the same thing that they caved and snuck the odd one or two here and there she also mentioned that she had had a great deal of stress over the passed 6 month and NEVER once did she smoke in front of her kids or her parter even her co anchor had no idea ..... Let they with out sin cast the first stone ... I highly doubt your ms perfect so get of the high horse
    I am by no means a perfect mum but I've never willingly done or continued to do something that could physically harm my baby - there's a difference in my book.

Yes she is being criticised more as she's in the public eye, but unfortunately that's the price you pay for your celebrity and let's face it the media doesn't have enough time to report on every 'layperson' who puts their children's physical well being and health behind their own need to light up (whether once daily or a packet a day) or drink to excess during pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Get off your high horse. Nobody is perfect.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

bpac  (07-02-2013),meljemillie  (07-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

I agree with PP, with my first pregnancy I struggled to quit smoking. It's not at all easy!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I used to hide my binge eating from everyone. When you know what you're doing is wrong and dangerous, you don't want people to see it. You're ashamed of it. I can understand why she kept it from her family... because I did the same thing with my binge eating.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (07-02-2013),beebs  (07-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by bpac View Post
    before i post anything i always try to write and word it so i do not hurt or offend the person i am talking to. I put myself in their shoes. I do not know who they are or their frame of mind. Its not my place to purposely upset them so i can get my point of view across.
    Well that's not entirely true is it bpac, a few pages back you've quoted me and had a direct dig at me saying 'thanks for kicking me while I'm down'. Despite the fact that my comment was about Chrissie Swan, in a thread specifically about Chrissie Swan. So unless unless you are actually Chrissie Swan then my post had nothing or do with you. Making out like I'm having a personal go at you is clearly designed to set me up as a bish.
    Not cool.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Your only pregnant for 9 months. I understand addiction is hard to fight but when it's for your baby's health you really have to try. Some people struggle to have healthy babies and healthy pregnancies. You should never Jeopardise your little miracles life. And to think who think smoking while pregnant Is not harmful why do the drs and health professionals insist you don't do it?

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by mum2mj View Post
    I agree with PP, with my first pregnancy I struggled to quit smoking. It's not at all easy!!
    I'm sure it is, I don't doubt that for a second, but this is her third child! She has had years to quit!

So I suppose if I put a poll in here 'do you agree with smoking whilst pregnant is ok' everyone who has criticised me for an having an opinion on this would say yes!?

I'm saying what she's doing is wrong and in my personal opinion I can't have respect for that. Sorry, that's just me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    It's absolutely none of my business. So she had a fag? Am I going to call the police? Does she have to get my permission every time she eats a piece of soft cheese? Do the male celebrities have to 'fess up' every time they light up and increase their baby's risk of SIDS, too?

Couldn't give a sh*t TBH. The lynch mobs are out for this poor woman yet again.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

beebs  (07-02-2013),Ellewood  (07-02-2013),LoveLivesHere  (07-02-2013),shelle65  (07-02-2013),waterlily  (07-02-2013)