Closed Thread
Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    First of all good on you for trying to quit. Anyone who is currently and actively seeking professional help for quitting then good on them and good luck.

I agree going up to someone publicly and commenting on them smoking while pregnant is not cool. But I'm not going to fluff my words on an Internet forum to save people's feelings. People aren't going to quit or not quit based on something someone writes on the Internet, so I might as well be honest.

Health warnings have been around since the mid 1970's. If someone decided to start smoking after then I have no sympathy for them. Smoking kills plain and simple. If a person smokes while pregnant or around kids (which I see all the time in public) I think that's stupid, selfish and disgusting. They are my honest opinions and I'm sorry if it hurts people's feelings but if it does I suggest people are just upset because its forcing them to hold a mirror up and look in it. Don't shoot the messenger if you're really just cranky with yourself.
    I agree what you write on here is not going to affect if someone quits or not. But it affects how they feel.
    I hold up that mirror every day myself, i am cranky with myself.
    Call a spade a spade but do it with some thought about others.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel for her. I really do. she as all smokers are not the bad guys. Its the cigarette companies making billions of dollars over other ppls addictions. They know the stuff is addictive, that's why they put the chemicals in them in the first place. Im sure that if I came up with a product that has all the same ingredients in it, the government will no way let me sell it!
    I think its a shame that whenever a smoking case is talked about, its always the fault of the person and no blame whatsoever is directed to the cigarette companies!

I understand that smoking is a persons choice, but addiction is a horrible thing and no one 'chooses' to be addicted. Those who dont understand it, than thank your lucky stars you have never had to suffer with it!

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SpiritofaWarrior For This Useful Post:

beebs  (07-02-2013),bpac  (07-02-2013),mama and her little bearxxx  (07-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Maybe I don't watch enough tv? I don't see her anywhere seeking attention... When I use that phrase, I'm more likely to apply it to say, Kyle Sandilands or Shane Warne.
    Maybe I just saw so much of her face on every billboard in Melbourne and it did me in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel sorry that she was forced to admit that she is smoking whilst pregnant to the public. To be forced to be publicly humiliated like this is wrong. Just hearing the heart break and pain in her voice brought tears to my eyes.

Chrissy really can not catch a break. One minute everyone is on about her children being over weight and then had to explain why they are and now she is forced to admit and explain her smoking. Give Chrissy a break and leave her alone!

And at the end of the day a 'sneaky cigarette' when she was stressed is not even half as bad as some of the subtances other parents are putting in their bodies while pregnant.

I am not a smoker but I am not perfect either.

Point being everyone has their weak moments, no one is perfect.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Missemzy For This Useful Post:

beebs  (07-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I don't get the posts saying, "She only owned up because she was caught!"

I don't understand why she was would have needed to "own up," in the first place.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

beebs  (07-02-2013),mama and her little bearxxx  (07-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Missemzy View Post
    Chrissy really can not catch a break.
    I think Chriisy has caught quite a few breaks in her time - she got onto Big Brither and was lucky enough to go on to a successful television career and win a popularity award. That's quite a feat of luck (she's very goid at it and goid for her I say!).

The sad irony here is that the very thing that got her to where she is today - the willingness to expose herself on TV and bare it all - is the very thing that has now become her biggest enemy (the scrutiny over her entire life and being. It's a very bittersweet irony for Chrissy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Whether they're a celebrity or not, quitting smoking is beyond hard. Before we judge everyone too harshly (or should I say, stop judging everyone so harshly), should we maybe talk about ways that people can try to quit smoking? And stay quit as well? After all, isn't a little help what everyone needs at some stage in their life?

If you have managed to quit (and good on you), how did you do it? I'll make it into an article so we have some tips on file for anyone struggling with this addiction.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BH-community For This Useful Post:

beebs  (07-02-2013),Lauzy83  (07-02-2013),mama and her little bearxxx  (07-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by darla87 View Post
    This was a "suprise" baby. Chrissie didn't have the chance to quit before conception.
    Caffeine has a recommended "upper limit" andas long as you didn't consume more than this you should have no adverse effects. It is not the same as smoking
    Didn't know it was a surprise baby....thanks for the info about caffeine. Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    I don't get the posts saying, "She only owned up because she was caught!"

I don't understand why she was would have needed to "own up," in the first place.
    She kept it from her husband and family, so I'm assuming she had to own up to them. Without being caught by a pap would she have told anyone or kept up the secret?

Quote Originally Posted by BHCommunity View Post
    Whether they're a celebrity or not, quitting smoking is beyond hard. Before we judge everyone too harshly (or should I say, stop judging everyone so harshly), should we maybe talk about ways that people can try to quit smoking? And stay quit as well? After all, isn't a little help what everyone needs at some stage in their life?

If you have managed to quit (and good on you), how did you do it? I'll make it into an article so we have some tips on file for anyone struggling with this addiction.
    I tried to quit many times over the years, probably every year since I started smoking at age 13 till I quit at age 26.
    What I did:
    - Read a book by Alan Carr which I highly recommend.
    - Read alot about what is in cigarettes and what it actually does to your body. I think when you ask a smoker, without a minute to look it up, 4 ingredients in a cigarette and a description of what that cigarette is doing to them right now, alot would find it hard to answer. So educate yourself and know exactly what it is you're doing.
    - Understand your addiction, why you are addicted and how nicotine affects you.
    - Picked a time that was not stressful or eventful.
    - Didn't replace my habit with anything. Ie. Sugar/lollies, smoking aids, things that kept my dopamine levels high.
    - Quit things that I related with smoking in particular coffee. It took me a few years before I could drink a coffee without craving a cigarette. I also liked to eat after eating, so I didn't eat meals that were filling and gave me that feeling of 'it's time for a smoke'
    - Everytime I craved, I reminded myself why I was quitting, did I want to become a smoker again and have to start all over again by quitting etc. Just gave every thought of smoking with a negative reaction.
    - There is alot of talking to yourself and being at war with your cravings, your brain is screaming at you to give in, but when you understand why you feel like that, you are more equipped to let those thoughts go.
    - So take each day at a time, each craving at a time, don't think ahead, don't put too much pressure on yourself. If you smoke, try again and again and again. You are re-training your brain and forming new habits and this takes time so be kind to yourself. But keep trying.
    - Breath through cravings, take up something like Yoga or walking, if you feel good, you will want to smoke less.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Someones Mummy For This Useful Post:

BH-community  (07-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Tearful Chrissie Swan admits she hasn't been able to quit smoking while pregnant

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/entertainm...-1226572082685

Well well! I cut this woman a lot of slack when she was criticised about the weight of her children, but now I've lost all respect.

She acts like she's the only one who has it tough! We all have struggles but being time poor or stretched mentally and physically is NO excuse for smoking whilst pregnant.

She's taking the easy way out and I now think she probably is at fault for her child's weight issues (whereas I didn't before this latest news).