Closed Thread
Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default 'I knew it was wrong': Chrissie Swan admits to smoking while pregnant

Chrissy Swan has chosen to be a celebrity and makes money from talking about her children and has also her trouble with conceiving babies.

Chrissy Swan got caught smoking which she herself has called shameful.

The public and media seem to be supporting her because of her and I agree that other celebrities wouldn't be let off so lightly and they make their money from other 'talents' other than sharing their personal lives.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sweetpeamummy For This Useful Post:

Little Mrs R  (07-02-2013),Maybelline  (07-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pffff...who cares. The woman has never been a picture of health.
    She couldn't buy this publicity if she tried.
    She is crying on the TV, crying on the radio over a few smokes here and there.
    But maybe she should do some research and start crying over her weight because being at her weight she has the same health risks as a smoker anyway. Her heart is under huge amounts of stress and at higher risks of many cancers.
    But god forbid we mention that again...no we can ignore every bad habit a person has and make smokers the devils child.
    I think the saying goes "those without sin cast the first stone".

And don't even start with the "well I'm over weight but I'm perfectly healthy even my doctor agrees" excuse. Yea I was a perfectly healthy smoker too.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Janesmum123 For This Useful Post:

Maybelline  (07-02-2013),PR2bMum  (07-02-2013),risfaerie  (07-02-2013),squirrelex  (07-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    She got caught ..tried to cover her tracks .. Failed .. Being in public eye .. Felt she had to explain herself .. Stupid smoking .. But I don't care about her or her kid .. So whatever !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also I don't believe at all it was one a day ... Guess her publicist came up with that one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    I couldn't give a rats what another pregnant woman does. I've said this before. I just don't get the level of sympathy for her. Even the thread in the general section "send a message of support for Chrissy". It's on a parenting website. Are we supposed to feel more for her because she's one of us? She's not. She's a personality who seeks media attention and puts her family in the media.

Good luck to her but if you want to do all that expect a higher level of scrutiny and attention. And don't complain when not every bit of attention is positive.
    That thread is old, from when she was last publicly vilified for having a heavy son.

Just regarding this sentence: Are we supposed to feel more for her because she's one of us? She's not. She's a personality who seeks media attention and puts her family in the media.

I have no idea whether she is a member or not, but is she one of us? Yes. She's a mum. She's not a "personality", she's a person.

She is hardly the attention seeking person you are making out. If she's not your cup of tea, that's cool, but I don't think she's complaining about the negative attention. She was crying with remorse and guilt over her actions. I don't feel more for her because she's on the telly, I feel for her because she's a mum who isn't perfect, and so far her imperfections are what has been plastered all over the news rather than all the good stuff. You have to admit, that would be bl00dy hard as a Mum.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashfirst View Post
    I am of two minds with this - first I think - don't get pregnant if you are doing something that is harmful to the baby. Some people out there are so desperate to get pregnant/have healthly babies they would never do something like this is jeopardise that..
    Then I think well I probably had too much caffeine (I am addicted) when I was pregnant which could also potentially be harmful to the baby so am I just as bad????
    This was a "suprise" baby. Chrissie didn't have the chance to quit before conception.
    Caffeine has a recommended "upper limit" andas long as you didn't consume more than this you should have no adverse effects. It is not the same as smoking

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sad to think that she prob wont ever quit .. As you would think having a baby growing in you would be the best reason / incentive to quit ..

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Maybelline For This Useful Post:

lisa6111  (07-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    That thread is old, from when she was last publicly vilified for having a heavy son.

Just regarding this sentence: Are we supposed to feel more for her because she's one of us? She's not. She's a personality who seeks media attention and puts her family in the media.

I have no idea whether she is a member or not, but is she one of us? Yes. She's a mum. She's not a "personality", she's a person.

She is hardly the attention seeking person you are making out. If she's not your cup of tea, that's cool, but I don't think she's complaining about the negative attention. She was crying with remorse and guilt over her actions. I don't feel more for her because she's on the telly, I feel for her because she's a mum who isn't perfect, and so far her imperfections are what has been plastered all over the news rather than all the good stuff. You have to admit, that would be bl00dy hard as a Mum.
    I know what the thread was about originally but it's become about this issue as well.

I am just putting out there why I don't think comparisons between what other pregnant women do and her are valid. We don't invite the media into our lives the way she does.

Look clearly a lot of people identify with her. I don't. I cannot fathom anyone's desire to be in the media when they have a young family. But we can agree to disagree about her. I just hope she takes some time away from the media and destresses if that's the reason why she's still smoking.

ETA I think she's very attention seeking. But that's my opinion.
    Last edited by Sonja; 07-02-2013 at 09:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpeamummy View Post
    Chrissy Swan has chosen to be a celebrity and makes money from talking about her children and has also her trouble with conceiving babies.

Chrissy Swan got caught smoking which she herself has called shameful.

The public and media seem to be supporting her because of her and I agree that other celebrities wouldn't be let off so lightly and they make their money from other 'talents' other than sharing their personal lives.
    She didn't have trouble conceiving, and makes her money as a radio host and tv presenter/host on talk shows about many issues- it's inaccurate to say she makes money from talking a out her kids/personal life.

From an opinion piece she wrote last year re her weight:

Do-gooders look at us with concerned eyes and talk about blood pressure, circulation, difficulty conceiving ... the list goes on. I can only talk for myself and say that yes, I am overweight, but my blood pressure is normal (to low), my circulation is great, I am not pre-diabetic (or pre-anything) and I conceived two children (one while I was on the Pill and the other after four days of thinking "Hmm, maybe a second baby would be nice ...").

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    I know what the thread was about originally but it's become about this issue as well.

I am just putting out there why I don't think comparisons between what other pregnant women do and her are valid. We don't invite the media into our lives the way she does.

Look clearly a lot of people identify with her. I don't. I cannot fathom anyone's desire to be in the media when they have a young family. But we can agree to disagree about her. I just hope she takes some time away from the media and destresses if that's the reason why she's still smoking.

ETA I think she's very attention seeking. But that's my opinion.
    Maybe I don't watch enough tv? I don't see her anywhere seeking attention... When I use that phrase, I'm more likely to apply it to say, Kyle Sandilands or Shane Warne.