+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Help & advice please!

A very dear friend if mine has been ttc for almost two years with no luck. Both she and her partner have been tested and are perfectly healthy, for some reason it's just not happening for them.

I've recently found out in pregnant with baby number 2..

A couple of questions/advice...

I'm DREADING telling her.. I know it will just tear her apart! How can I tell her without upsetting her? (is that even possible)

Secondly, has anyone else experienced her problem, and us there any advice you can give that i may be able to pass on? Anything they can try before resorting to IVF??

Any responses will be greatly appreciated

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Help & advice please!

She's going to be upset, no matter how you tell her, she will probably be genuinely happy for you but may not be able to express that to you. She might be able to put her feelings aside and get excited with you, which would be lovely, but if you go into it expecting her to be upset it will probably be the best for the two of you.

I hope it goes well

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Tell her in person, in private so she can process the conversation in a safe environment. Tell her how you feel about telling her. Don't hang around too long. Give her some space if you think she needs it.

Fertility acupuncture can sometimes help. Tbh though, she is probably exploring other options, so I wouldn't offer advice unless she specifically asks you, especially since you are newly pregnant and it could come across as you trying to fix things, even though you had the best if intentions.

Hth

4. The Following User Says Thank You to moongazer For This Useful Post:

waitinghoping  (06-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I was worried about telling someone who had been trying for a year and it took us 1 month. She was really happy for me and I was relieved but now I feel she probably doesn't like to see me much because I have something she wants so bad and its hard for her.
    I think if you have an open conversation about the awkward situation it helps rather than just being all yay for me, which obviously you wouldn't do anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews

I feel blessed that I'm expecting again but I don't expect a song and dance from everyone I tell, by any means. I love her dearly and just want to be as sensitive as possible. Thank you so so much for your replies 👍