+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I left my DD with my DH but he had an accident the first day i left LOL silly boys. She then stayed with my MIL due to my parents O/S with me. She addapted well esp never having slept overnight anywhere except home. I had made a list for my DH (who forgets everything when under the pump) of her routing and things she likes to eats and little tricks to settle her. I also had left her a little pressy each day ($1-$2) for him to give her as a treat from me. this all went to my MIL and it seemed to keep her happy. i to didn't have any concent forms but then i thought my DH would be looking after her. I to think its a great idea.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Leaving 18 month old while I travel overseas

I went overseas when my DD was about the same age. DH was home with her but also had a knee op that week so my inlaws stayed to look after DD. I just made sure child care were informed someone else would be picking her up and had a list of her daily routine. She was fine. When I got back she was a bit funny towards me but that only lasted a day or 2

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have no particular advice about the logistics, but wanted to say you shouldn't feel guilty about doing this. She'll be with someone who dotes on her so she'll have a wonderful time. My brothers and I often used to stay with my grandma while our parents were away and they are some of the happiest memories of my childhood. Grandparents sometimes just have a level of patience beyond what we stressed out mums and dads possess