+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a little funny vision in about the beginning of the 3rd trimester with my previous pregnancy. Dr put it down to periods of low blood pressure, rather than the reverse. I didn't have any other symptoms though. Sparkles is a good way of describing it. Passed relatively quickly, although there was one occasion at work where there was more sparkles than vision left in front of my eyes, which was a bit concerning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Reason to worry or just being paranoid?

I've heard that a pregnancy symptom is changes to your vision. Could it just be that?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks again everyone. All the individual symptoms are probably pretty normal for pregnancy, just got worried when put all together they were possible signs of something more serious.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by OJandMe View Post
    Wee into a glass jar. Put the lid on and shake it up. If it forms a head like a beer that DOES NOT disappear within 5 mins, that's a sign of proteins in your urine.

I had no signs of pre-eclampsia until 28 weeks with Oliver and Jordan, but ended up with it.

When you say hard to focus- is it like seeing little squiggly lines or worms in front of your eyes??
    OJandMe - do you know how accurate the pee in a jar thing is? I did it last night, and as soon as it was shaken it came up with a 2cm frothy white head, then after 5 mins was about a 1cm head and still there (but gone down a bit) 20 mins later. Same result when I did it this morning.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Reason to worry or just being paranoid?

I'm almost 30 weeks pregnant and my blood pressure has just started to creep up which seems to happen at this stage with my pregnancies but has yet to turn into anything with any of them. im usually just monitored for a little while at each appt. If you're concerned then yes call you're midwife. You can always go to a local chemist and have them check your blood pressure too. I've also heard that vision changes can be a common pregnancy thing, something to do with the extra fluid changing the shape of your eyes slightly.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Reason to worry or just being paranoid?

My cousin is a dr and days that the urine in a jar should not be trusted. Best idea is to get some dip sticks from the chemist.