+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: Strict new hygiene rules for childcare will wrap kids in a bubble, says AMA

I've worked at a centre where into all the other more obvious cleaning we had to disinfect each bar of every safety gate, every internal window and mirror (cos toddlers smoosh their faces against them) each day - on top of twice daily mopping, twice daily toilet cleans etc etc etc etc

I was casual there 2 hours of my day was dedicated to cleaning. Which is fine, it's part of the job, but the idea of more cleaning, I don't think the people making these rules have really considered every minute spent cleaning is a minute not spent engaging with children. You do what you can do, but it doesn't always work to involve children in cleaning particularly when you are handling cleaning chemicals!!!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Strict new hygiene rules for childcare will wrap kids in a bubble, says AMA

Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    I've worked at a centre where into all the other more obvious cleaning we had to disinfect each bar of every safety gate, every internal window and mirror (cos toddlers smoosh their faces against them) each day - on top of twice daily mopping, twice daily toilet cleans etc etc etc etc

I was casual there 2 hours of my day was dedicated to cleaning. Which is fine, it's part of the job, but the idea of more cleaning, I don't think the people making these rules have really considered every minute spent cleaning is a minute not spent engaging with children. You do what you can do, but it doesn't always work to involve children in cleaning particularly when you are handling cleaning chemicals!!!

And at the end of the day the children are more likely to literally catch off eachother not necessarily from touching things and the Babies put toys in mouths that's how they catch germs.
    And as for cleaning toys you can't possibly clean after every single child contact with a toy, catching germs in those environments are inevitable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaJez View Post
    DS first 6 months at daycare (granted was winter) was terrible. He got sick every time he went there and had to have every second week off (only one day), was hard when I had to go to work and find someone to look after him as I couldn't keep taking days off work.

I understand some parents don't have a choice and they have to go to work to pay bills but I did see a lot of really sick babies there like limp feverish babies... It was scary seeing these kids so sick and not home or at the ER!
    It's so tough when they first start. Both my husband and I used all our sick days before DD had been at daycare for a year. It annoyed the hell out of me to see clearly sick kids at daycare when we always kept her off.

It was like some parents would drug up their kids for the drop off, then let them slowly show how sick they were as the day went on and hope noone called them to pick their child up. So frustrating!

There is nothing worse than seeing a clearly sick child at daycare Imagine how miserable they'd be.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Strict new hygiene rules for childcare will wrap kids in a bubble, says AMA

Quote Originally Posted by Anjalee View Post
    Kids get sick because parents send their kid to daycare when they're on deaths door.
    Completely agree. If parents kept their children home when they are unwell cleaning wouldn't have to be so extreme.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleigh View Post
    Toys shoudl be washed like once a week.
    Toys are already washed once a week, at least they have been in every center I have worked at. As I said before babies room toys are washed daily and mouthed toys are thrown in a bucket and washed when they other toys are done.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (06-02-2013),mama and her little bearxxx  (06-02-2013)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: Strict new hygiene rules for childcare will wrap kids in a bubble, says AMA

What's a birthday cake without a bit of kid spit?!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub
    Last edited by SpecialPatrolGroup; 06-02-2013 at 18:05.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    Toys are already washed once a week, at least they have been in every center I have worked at. As I said before babies room toys are washed daily and mouthed toys are thrown in a bucket and washed when they other toys are done.
    That's what I've always seen done in nurserys. If baby put something in their mouth, when the drop it it gets turfed in a bucket/container/sink.