+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OurLittleBlessing View Post
    A bit of spit on birthday cake is no worse than the lip kisses they give their friends
    This is so true haha. My daughter and her "bestie" always give each other kisses when they say goodbye.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    I think its a good idea, I assumed all the toys and door knobs got wiped down daily. Also Not blowing all over a cake is good for me, I don't want my child eating cake that some kid has blown over probably complete with saliva. I would guess maybe they could get cleaning crews to go in when they are closed and sanitize everything would be a good solution. I was wondering why the kids in AU get things that I have never heard or seen be caught before like hand foot and mouth, slap face, etc maybe this is why because the sanitation is a bit slack glad they are upping it.
    Cleaning crew at night? Wow be prepared for a radical fee increase to compensate! I would rather my child mouth something that another child had than something wiped down with pine o clean or whatever.

As for the candle issue, how about cupcakes? That way everyone eats their own spit...

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Strict new hygiene rules for childcare will wrap kids in a bubble, says AMA

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    Door knobs? Seriously?

Am I the only person who has never cleaned a door knob in their life?
    Ive cleaned them before. Think about how many people use door knobs in a workplace or medical centre or toilet And all the lovely germs on them.

I can see how this is a bit OTT but I actually agree with some of it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd be pretty ****ed off if I had taken my child out of daycare because she was sick (and me taking time off work) then taking her to the doctor to get the all clear in writing, get her ready, get myself ready for work and get to daycare only to be told the doctor's clearance meant nothing to them. Not happy Jan!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Strict new hygiene rules for childcare will wrap kids in a bubble, says AMA

I actually don't oppose his blowing out candles thing i can take it or leave it either way it doesn't bother me.but I don't actually send things like that with my daughter because I fear that some other kid with egg or dairy allergy might fall into a anaphylactic shock, so she goes with birthday bells and whistles like badges and over thr top ribbons in her hair etc rather then taking food.but the thought (about contaminating cakes etc) never even crossed my mind to begin with, so frankly it's the health department fear mongering again in my opinion. We have been doing this customary tradition for as long as we all have been alive so why now? It irritates me more to see my child come home with hand foot and mouth disease from the daycare and me have to not go to work for 2 weeks and STILL have to 'pay' the daycare even though she isn't there because of something she caught there!

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by MummaJez View Post
    Ive cleaned them before. Think about how many people use door knobs in a workplace or medical centre or toilet And all the lovely germs on them.

I can see how this is a bit OTT but I actually agree with some of it.
    Yeah I get in certain fields, but in a CC where:

A) kids don't touch the doorknobs and
    B) carers wash their hands every 5 minutes?

Throughout the day it's completely impractical. A wipe at closing time with an antibacterial wipe I can understand but I still think it's ott.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    Yeah I get in certain fields, but in a CC where:

A) kids don't touch the doorknobs and
    B) carers wash their hands every 5 minutes?

Throughout the day it's completely impractical. A wipe at closing time with an antibacterial wipe I can understand but I still think it's ott.
    Probably more the parents in and out during the day?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Judging by how often my friends kids get sick, who go to daycare, sounds like a good idea!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil M View Post
    Judging by how often my friends kids get sick, who go to daycare, sounds like a good idea!
    Kids get sick because parents send their kid to daycare when they're on deaths door.

Thanks
    Reviews

DS first 6 months at daycare (granted was winter) was terrible. He got sick every time he went there and had to have every second week off (only one day), was hard when I had to go to work and find someone to look after him as I couldn't keep taking days off work.

I understand some parents don't have a choice and they have to go to work to pay bills but I did see a lot of really sick babies there like limp feverish babies... It was scary seeing these kids so sick and not home or at the ER!