+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Strict new hygiene rules for childcare will wrap kids in a bubble, says AMA

They can try and implement all these rules but it won't happen. Staff will sign off that its been done when it hasn't. Whatever happened to the top priority being the child?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kriista For This Useful Post:

onedayatatime  (06-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Strict new hygiene rules for childcare will wrap kids in a bubble, says AMA

Ridiculous!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am of the belief that the best way to minimise seriousl illness is to build up your own immune system.

We eat probiotic foods in our house, I don't even own anything antibacterial and my children have eaten their fair share of dirt.

Just my opinion of course.

My children are very healthy and never seem to catch things when they go around (now that I've said that they'll probably be sick next week lol)

A bit of spit on birthday cake is no worse than the lip kisses they give their friends

Thanks
    Reviews
    What rubbish. Talk about wrap in cotton wool and then what, they go to school and pick up every bug and germ as they have no immunity and miss valuable learning time, even if it is Prep or young grades. Bl00dy nanny state indeed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yeah but really, how long does it take to wipe over some door knobs? lol Grab a antibacteral wipe and go. Probably 2 minutes if you dont dilly dally. Toys shoudl be washed like once a week. But thats easy, when your changing the play over each week, through them in the laundry and get one person at the end of the day to do it all.

Dont get me wrong, Im not agreeing to the post. Im all for germs, I believe thats why I have such a great immune system. But it really doesnt take that long to do and *should* be done.

I do however agree with the cake thing hahaha I hate at kids parties when the birthday kid goes to blow the candles out, an then ten other kids try jump in and do it. Normally its really rushed because they try to beat one another and spit goes flying everywhere. I just dont eat it though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    Do you know what, I can see how you are totally getting my post confused and are wondering if I am making this an argument about vaccinating...I have tried to type out what I mean 3 times and have deleted it...I am having a sh!t of a day and cant really properly express myself so Im going to walk away now. Ignore my posts in here cos I cant clearly say what I mean without it coming across wrong and inciting debate which I am not up for today.
    Ok I apologise if my post seemed aggressive in any way, just couldn't wrap my head around it! I'm having a bit of a preggo brain day myself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Already been happening at my children's daycare for at least 12 months.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Cleigh  (06-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Strict new hygiene rules for childcare will wrap kids in a bubble, says AMA

What a load of poop! Like other pp, so glad I'm not in childcare anymore! My ex boss even said when I was pregnant, as much as she wanted me back there to work, (I left just before falling), even at 38weeks she begged me to come back, she also said id be stupid to go back. Its that ridiculous with the amount of extra paperwork (I'm qualified) that you spend half as much time with the kids and the work load is insane...this was 2 years ago!

They have enough to do with their time without having to chase their tails each day to satisfy some beaurocratic (sp) whack job in an office with no common sense or experience.

The candle idea isn't new to me...though i agree its ott... My particular centre actually made a paster of paris cake with candle to blow out for the spread of germs, 8 years ago....I thought that they were being ludacris even then.

When will these do-gooder s realise they are the cause of more issues than they attempt to fix with their radical ideals?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think its a good idea, I assumed all the toys and door knobs got wiped down daily. Also Not blowing all over a cake is good for me, I don't want my child eating cake that some kid has blown over probably complete with saliva. I would guess maybe they could get cleaning crews to go in when they are closed and sanitize everything would be a good solution. I was wondering why the kids in AU get things that I have never heard or seen be caught before like hand foot and mouth, slap face, etc maybe this is why because the sanitation is a bit slack glad they are upping it.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Door knobs? Seriously?

Am I the only person who has never cleaned a door knob in their life?