+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    As long as it stays old blood I can cope with it... It's the not knowing how bubs is doing that's killing me!! 1 week till my nt scan... Cant wait to feel movement at least then I can be reassured

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi All, DJ Nette, please feel free to post in our 'Placental Abruption ~ your stories please' thread. I'm just about to pop over there myself and post.

Although they tell you there's no research that says to take it easy, (esp with small SCH's), anything that compromises the placenta reduces blood flow to the bub. If we do too much activity, less blood oxygen gets to bub as we are using it up in activity. I had a really nasty SCH that turned into a concealed (no outward bleeding) placental abruption. It resorbed and re-bled continually from 19w till 34+5 when I was induced due to IUGR and fear for bub's survival. You can ask for an extra scan (sometimes they will do it) and towards the end, fetal monitoring. Baby's movement is a good sign all is ok-ish. Keep a close eye on those, and report to emergency for a scan if movement reduces severely or stops.

I pushed hard for minitoring and had twice weekly CTG's and fortnightly growth scans. I was on modified bed rest for the final months after pre-term labour at 27w when I had contractions from all the blood trapped inside irritating the uterus. Luckily bubs was hyper in utero, and was born just fine, but tiny, at the 34+5 induction. When the placenta was delivered, it was 80% blood clot...it fell apart in the midwife's hands. He was delivered just in time.

I was also told not to DTD or lift anything heavy (great, I was moving house at the time!).

It's a good idea to take iron supp, but it can make the bleeding heavier (but not worse, IYKWIM).

The voiding of the old blood is a really good thing...it means there is a passage to the outside, preventing the blood being trapped between the chorion, placental wall and the placenta, which can dissect the placenta from the uterine wall (really bad news, that!), causing an abruption. It also means you can monitor the condition.

Good luck, any ladies who are experiencing this at mo. It adds an extra stressful, worrying aspect to pg, which is stressful enough in itself!

OP ~ so glad to hear your clot has resorbed and bub seems to be doing well.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BaronessM For This Useful Post:

ButterflyMa  (20-09-2013),French Pear  (17-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BaronessM View Post
    Hi All, DJ Nette, please feel free to post in our 'Placental Abruption ~ your stories please' thread. I'm just about to pop over there myself and post.

Although they tell you there's no research that says to take it easy, (esp with small SCH's), anything that compromises the placenta reduces blood flow to the bub. If we do too much activity, less blood oxygen gets to bub as we are using it up in activity. I had a really nasty SCH that turned into a concealed (no outward bleeding) placental abruption. It resorbed and re-bled continually from 19w till 34+5 when I was induced due to IUGR and fear for bub's survival. You can ask for an extra scan (sometimes they will do it) and towards the end, fetal monitoring. Baby's movement is a good sign all is ok-ish. Keep a close eye on those, and report to emergency for a scan if movement reduces severely or stops.

I pushed hard for minitoring and had twice weekly CTG's and fortnightly growth scans. I was on modified bed rest for the final months after pre-term labour at 27w when I had contractions from all the blood trapped inside irritating the uterus. Luckily bubs was hyper in utero, and was born just fine, but tiny, at the 34+5 induction. When the placenta was delivered, it was 80% blood clot...it fell apart in the midwife's hands. He was delivered just in time.

I was also told not to DTD or lift anything heavy (great, I was moving house at the time!).

It's a good idea to take iron supp, but it can make the bleeding heavier (but not worse, IYKWIM).

The voiding of the old blood is a really good thing...it means there is a passage to the outside, preventing the blood being trapped between the chorion, placental wall and the placenta, which can dissect the placenta from the uterine wall (really bad news, that!), causing an abruption. It also means you can monitor the condition.

Good luck, any ladies who are experiencing this at mo. It adds an extra stressful, worrying aspect to pg, which is stressful enough in itself!

OP ~ so glad to hear your clot has resorbed and bub seems to be doing well.
    Wow thank you for your story and for all that important information. I hope future SCH sufferers find this thread when they are diagnosed. A lot of drs ( like mine) act like it's nothing and are so blasé about it. I had done my research and read many stories like yourself. So I was lucky I read about no DTD and reducing cleaning ect. I honestly think it helped mine resolve. And your so right about blood coming out being a good thing, it makes sense it's being given the chance to clear up instead of building up. Hence why I was glad I bled early on and giving it a chance to resolve before it became too complicated and increases the chance of abruption when bub gets bigger.

I'm so glad things eventually worked out for you and bub. And that you are both ok!! Gosh sounds so scary and full on you poor thing!! Xx
    Last edited by MummaJez; 10-04-2013 at 23:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Back in hospital for me. Came in at 2am on Thursday morning. Had another very big bleed and it has been pretty much ongoing since I've been here. Looks like I will be stuck in hospital on bed rest for quite a while. My haemoglobin level has dropped again (down to 85) so will be having an iron injection - which takes 8 hours, not looking forward to that.

Once again bub is oblivious and actually appeared to be yawning in my scan yesterday, as if to say, I don't know what all the fuss is about.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry to hear you are having so much bleeding must be so scary. How many weeks are you now? Glad your in hospital, lots of rest and fluids for you Hun.

Take care and keep us posted. I hope all is ok, so glad to hear bub is going well though! That's a great sign xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no DJ, please rest up and I hope the bleeding stops asap. Glad to hear that bubs is ok though. Please keep us posted xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Please do keep us posted. Thinking of you, and glad you are in hospital. Less anxiety provoking, as at least you are in the right place if anything happens. Hope the bleeding stops soon. Please update when you can!

Stay calm and positive, and look after yourself. Cheers, B.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Thanks everyone. Still in here. Bleeding has finally slowed. I am having the iron transfusion tomorrow.

Can still feel bub moving around, so everything seems ok. Blood pressure is steady at around 110/65 (when you have been down to 80/30 that seems very high).

While I would much rather be home on my couch with my own stuff, I am a lot less anxious in here, knowing there is professional help at the call of a bell. Resigning myself to spending a lot of time in bed in the next 17 weeks (I'm 22 weeks at the moment). However it is a small sacrifice to bring this little one into the world safely.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi DJ, slad to hear the bleeding has eased. Hang in there!

Any idea when/if/what needs to happen for you to go home? Hope you can stay amused in there. It sucks, I know. Was on bed rest for months myself due to an abruption.

Take it easy, DJ. Thinking of you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Hi to anyone still reading this thread.

Thought I would pop back in and let you know that my little miracle girl is now 4 weeks old. I survived the third trimester without anymore bleeding. Ended up having a c-sec at 38 weeks as bub was breech and we were concerned about further bleeding.

Bub is absolutely perfect. I don't think anyone can quite believe we made it to the end with a beautiful baby.

Hope everyone else is doing great.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DJ Nette For This Useful Post:

dancingchipmunk  (03-09-2013),LoveLivesHere  (02-09-2013)