+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Are you looking for some extra support or someone to share in your pregnancy journey?

Hi everyone
    My name is Bianca and I am currently studying a Bachelor of Midwifery at ACU about to begin my second year . Part of our course involves articipate in the CCE program (Continuity of Care Experience) which requires us students to follow the journey of 20 pregnant women and their families throughout our 3 years of study. this involves going along to at least 3 antenatal and 3 postnatal appointments, as well as bubs 6 week check up to observe and learn from these appointments. We can also attend the birth if you're looking for an extra support person, but it is not a requirement of the program.

The program basically involves an ongoing partnership with the woman/ and family from as early as 12 weeks pregnant to offer support and continuity while learning about pregnancy and midwifery along the way. The program is fully endorsed by the University.

So if you are looking for some extra support or someone that could be an advocate for you and your choices, or just someone to share your experience with, please don't hesitate to contact me to be a part of the program or learn more! My email is beejay_93@hotmail.com and I'm from the south eastern suburbs but willing to travel if need be . Would love to hear from some of you wonderful women
    Last edited by bianca04; 05-02-2013 at 22:40.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, just wanted to bump by post up again and just say that i understand that choosing a student midwife can be daunting, especially from the net. So I just wanted to reassure you that this program is all above board and highly supported by the uni, as well as a qualifed practicing midwife who acts as a mentor and support person for us students. I have two lovely ladies at present who I have to priviledge to be.involved in their pregnancy but I would love lots more . While I know seeking women over the interent is quite impersonal, i believe it is less confronting than asking individuals on the spot. To make it more realistic, please feel free to check out my facebook page or even send me a private facebook message if your interested. I promise you won't.regret it as its a valuable experience for both of us. Search me on facebook- bianca di salvo!
    Thank you kindly
    Last edited by bianca04; 07-02-2013 at 22:36.